Do you leave your race number on your bike?

smerds

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So ...... what happened to the 'ride what you want, wear what you want, do you want', 'whatever makes you feel good' ethos of the mountainbikers and 'others'?

Seems to me that it's mostly a sham and deep down the hubbers do care :whistling: - but don't mind me I am off on my bar ends on flat bars with my long finger gloves for a ride ..... oh yip on my 26" bike nogal, you know the one that won this passed weekend :devil:

Crabon 29er. The only 29er to give you crabs. Perfect for the Epic rider who has it all?

Thank goodness - I thought I was the only guy who got crabs at Epic!

damn those communal showers and loose Europeans...

Seems to me that it's mostly a sham and deep down the hubbers do care :whistling: - but don't mind me I am off on my bar ends on flat bars with my long finger gloves for a ride ..... oh yip on my 26" bike nogal, you know the one that won this passed weekend :devil:

Whats wrong with long finger gloves? My wife brought me a pair from Switzerland and I even do Triathlons and trail running with them!!!

Whats wrong with long finger gloves? My wife brought me a pair from Switzerland and I even do Triathlons and trail running with them!!!

Don't ask me, go check the 'gloves' thread .... ;)

So ...... what happened to the 'ride what you want, wear what you want, do you want', 'whatever makes you feel good' ethos of the mountainbikers and 'others'?

Seems to me that it's mostly a sham and deep down the hubbers do care - but don't mind me I am off on my bar ends on flat bars with my long finger gloves for a ride ..... oh yip on my 26" bike nogal, you know the one that won this passed weekend

Maybe (some of them/they) are deeply insecure, hence all this conformity....?

Don't ask me, go check the 'gloves' thread .... ;)

Fortunately I dont follow trends, I create them.

I have a huge following on the hub and in the cycling world. Some people call me cycling's very own Kardashian...

Its just a matter of time before I start my next cycling fashion craze....

That's just the point... Who says it is cool? If you ride your bike with your Epic sticker and your Argus Sub 3 bib and shirt, does that make it even cooler?

Haha, have to laugh, that's such a typical hub reply, missing the point of my post.

"Cred is cool" meaning - Cool for me. Yes I enjoy the people asking how Epic was and the pat on the shoulder for finishing, don't claim to be high and mighty.

And as in my original post there is a BUT carrying the message to my main point : It's for myself really!

So I value that sticker just as much on my solo training rides, reminding me that with hard work I can do anything.

This puppy will be on the bike for ever!

Sure the cred is cool, but more for whenever I suffer at a race I just look down and remember I've conquered a lot worse.

post-5558-0-94991500-1334578178.jpg

All this say is that you entered for the event. Leave your Epic chuppie on the bike if that works for you, but get the riders that dropped out after the prologue to take their numbers off.

What is up with mtb riders these days leaving your previous event number on when arriving at an event or when doing a ride a week after the event.

Surely when you clean your bike you take your numbers off …..?

I’m I missing something or why would riders do this?

I don't have anything to cut the board off when cleaning my bike so sometimes I do ride the next week with it still on.

Thank goodness - I thought I was the only guy who got crabs at Epic!

damn those communal showers and loose Europeans...

:lol: :lol:

I don't have anything to cut the board off when cleaning my bike so sometimes I do ride the next week with it still on.

Trek!!! Trek!!! Bianchi!!!

I'm already bored. cut me off with a nail clipper.

Giant!!

This puppy will be on the bike for ever!

Sure the cred is cool, but more for whenever I suffer at a race I just look down and remember I've conquered a lot worse.

post-5558-0-94991500-1334578178.jpg

Post Of The Day. ^_^

Good for IdeJongh, make a fair enough point, nothing windgat about it. A damn difficult event and fair play to those who took part, even those who didn't manage to finish. Those Epic stickers are hardly noticeable anyway, those making comments about it seem to care more than the guys who have the sticker.

Is ok if I wear my t-shirt? ... ;)

but don't mind me I am off on my bar ends on flat bars with my long finger gloves for a ride .....

i hope those are short flat bars ;-)