Do you leave your race number on your bike?

smerds

Some say that if you wear that as a cape during a race it forms a invisible force field that won't allow anyone to pass you...Anyone selling theirs?

Spot on! what do you think Sam and Frodo had when taking the ring to Mordor!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's because of the limited small talk repertoire. "Hi, pleased to meet you, I'm Edward." "Hi, Edward, I'm Sam. What do you do for a living?" "I'm a mechanical engineer, and you?" "I'm a (something not an engineer)." "Oh, that's interesting."

You must be giving engineers a good name everywhere. You did not tell me you are one :P

It's amazing how may people leave that Epic sticker on their top tube for months after the event.

At a schools xc race last year a junior girl came past where I was watching on a Yeti DS with 3 perfectly preserved Epic stickers on the top tube. Obviously a hand - me - down bike from a parent.

If only we had the technology to make other products as durable as these stickers.

If only we had the technology to make other products as durable as these stickers.

The stickers on the water bottles seem to last long too...... saw them at USN Mtb Cup over the weekend.... :ph34r:

But to be honest, if I was in that league, and did the Epic, I would probably do the same thing :blush:

Well, always remeber, two bicycles on the road constutes a race, so if you have your race number on that must make it official

This puppy will be on the bike for ever!

Sure the cred is cool, but more for whenever I suffer at a race I just look down and remember I've conquered a lot worse.

post-5558-0-94991500-1334578178.jpg

Or he may try overtake you like so

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOyGfY8gcu4

video from Epic 2011. Met those guys this year and the one who crashed out of the race last year (in this video) finished this year but his partner (the rider filming) had to pull out this year...that must really suck :unsure:

I dont believe people are so "windgat". That Epic sticker doesnt even mean you finished it now does it?

I remove my stickers immediately after every race. In fact I am so down to earth/modest/humble that when I do some of the bigger events I will enter under a "alias - nickname" and take part wearing a balaclava..........

In the same vein, what the hell is it with okes that have to strap their bicycle on the back of their car to go to number collection on the Thursday before the Sunday's race?

This puppy will be on the bike for ever!

Sure the cred is cool, but more for whenever I suffer at a race I just look down and remember I've conquered a lot worse.

post-5558-0-94991500-1334578178.jpg

That's just the point... Who says it is cool? If you ride your bike with your Epic sticker and your Argus Sub 3 bib and shirt, does that make it even cooler?

In the same vein, what the hell is it with okes that have to strap their bicycle on the back of their car to go to number collection on the Thursday before the Sunday's race?

Want `n Pinarello is `n pielverlenging

That's just the point... Who says it is cool? If you ride your bike with your Epic sticker and your Argus Sub 3 bib and shirt, does that make it even cooler?

:devil: Only if it is a crabon 29er :ph34r:

Yip Bob and furthermore, what the hell is it with race organisers making us drive, pick up a number and then return a day or two later. What a waste of time and effort.

Back to OP; race numbers need to be removed post event. The only exception is an Epic sticker, that can stay for personal enjoyment. But leave that Epic race board on and you look like a total tool. Yes like you riding around table mountain during the Two Oceans trail run, a tool.

crabon 29er

Crabon 29er. The only 29er to give you crabs. Perfect for the Epic rider who has it all?