BigD

If past experiences are to go by, i thinki know you will leave me there,

I might just make a break for it... :whistling:

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Local, Mmmmm, but doesn't only one of those brands makes bikes locally?

none of the grouset or brakes are made here either.

Anyone have a Vida 1 or 2? Looks to be good value for money.

i have a great contact if you looking to get a Vida, let me know. he's prices are unbeatable

i have a great contact if you looking to get a Vida, let me know. he's prices are unbeatable

Sure, drop me a PM. I will probably go for the Vida 1. Thx.

Any contact's on the new Storm 1.0?

I was having a look at the Mercury Elite. Amazing value for money!!!

Has anybody ridden the Silverback Dual Suspension 29er? How does the geometry compare to Scott/Giant etc?

thanks iv heard that too, the mercury 1.0 might be a 26, but its dual, full XT, comes with cleats and proper tubeless for about the same price, for a beginner as myself, i dont think i can go wrong with it

I have a Mercury 1.0 ( as my 2nd bike, SS 1st). Great bike, great handling no problems at all.

HAs anyone bought the new Storm 1.0 yet?

Amazing value, good looking

Large weighs 10.8 with shimano 520 and heavy maxxis tyres

Carbon SLK handlebar, stem and FSA seatpost

Full XT 20 speed and even XT brakes

Combine that with a SID and good looks

I think it is unbeatable- R21 000???

http://www.silverbacklab.com/2011_website_SILVERBACK/storm1.htm

I was just looking at the Storm 1.0 standing in FPC here in Lynnwood. Seriously good looking bike. Price was a bit more though. R24500 if I remember correctly.

HAs anyone bought the new Storm 1.0 yet?

Amazing value, good looking

Large weighs 10.8 with shimano 520 and heavy maxxis tyres

Carbon SLK handlebar, stem and FSA seatpost

Full XT 20 speed and even XT brakes

Combine that with a SID and good looks

I think it is unbeatable- R21 000???

http://www.silverbac...BACK/storm1.htm

I ordered one from my LBS for R22 250 - eta end of this month. If you can get one for R21 000 go for it!!!

The stem (alu) and handlebars (carbon) are FSA SL-K, but the seatpost is FSA Afterburner (alu). I'm guessing this is due to rider weight limit on SL-K seatpost (75kg according to web sources) being way lower than even the Stan's ZTR Crest rims (86kg).

I ordered one from my LBS for R22 250 - eta end of this month. If you can get one for R21 000 go for it!!!

The stem (alu) and handlebars (carbon) are FSA SL-K, but the seatpost is FSA Afterburner (alu). I'm guessing this is due to rider weight limit on SL-K seatpost (75kg according to web sources) being way lower than even the Stan's ZTR Crest rims (86kg).

This might be a stupid question, but those white Stans on the Storm 1 are real,not fake rims? The font looks funny?

Same with the tyres, its not Maxxis Lust USt, just normal, heavy cheap Maxxis 29er tyres

This might be a stupid question, but those white Stans on the Storm 1 are real,not fake rims? The font looks funny?

Same with the tyres, its not Maxxis Lust USt, just normal, heavy cheap Maxxis 29er tyres

Nah, you get Crests in either black or white http://www.notubes.c...t-Rims-C54.aspx

And the decals look just like the ones on the Notubes website. I hope these wheels have the new 3.30 hubs that are way better that the hubs in the older Crests.

EDIT: (Forgot to comment on the tyres). There are only 2 Crosmarks that can be run tubeless (don't think the wire bead one will work). Of these two the UST one weighs (claimed) 835g and the foldable one is 605g. So, if the supplied tyres are not UST, they will in fact be lighter. I won't be keeping the Crossmarks, because they are no good in thick loose sand - which we have a lot of around here!

Edited by Delilah

I was having a look at the Mercury Elite. Amazing value for money!!!

Has anybody ridden the Silverback Dual Suspension 29er? How does the geometry compare to Scott/Giant etc?

I did last years Wines2Whales on a Silverback Dual sus 29er. It was a last minute decision as I broke the frame on my 26er the week before and couldn't get the warrantee sorted in time. It was the first time that I'd ridden a 29er and only had time to go on a short 30km ride 2 days before the event.

So how did I find it? Short answer = loved it. After getting used the strange look of the big wheels, I very quickly got used to it. Comfortable riding position, handles great and I had no back/neck/knee issues wrt setup.

I'd buy one if i was in the market for a new bike.

I haven't riden a scott/giant 29er so can't compare.

I ride the 2011 Silverback Spectra 1 and never had any problems.

Great value for money and just love my bike

I'm big Silverback fan! :clap:

I believe that Dingo's got one in yesterday. If it's yours, let us know how it goes.