Petrol price-up another 28c

Mojoman

The price of all grades of petrol will increase by 28 cents a litre next week, the energy department said on Wednesday.

A litre of 95 ULP (unleaded) petrol in Gauteng would cost R12.22 from next Wednesday, May 2.

The price of diesel with a 0.05 sulphur content would increase by 9.4 cents a litre, while diesel with a 0.005 percent sulphur content would go up by 8.4 cents a litre.

The wholesale price of illuminating paraffin would increase by nine cents a litre.

The single maximum national retail price for illuminating paraffin would rise by 12 cents a litre.

The maximum retail price for LP Gas would increase by 31 cents a kilogram.

The average international prices of petrol increased over the past month, while that of diesel and illuminating paraffin decreased, the energy department said.

However, a weaker rand-US dollar exchange rate contributed to the increasing local prices.

http://business.iafrica.com/news/791408.html

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Get the KY jelly ready!

The way its going we will have to order in those big drums of it...!

At least this will keep interest rates down. That's about the only positive thing to come from these increases.

I can't take it anymore, tired of bending over and getting shafted. FFS :cursing: This country is effed.

Agreed with u 110%

its insane to think we are paying so much for essentials

if we had a decent public mode of transport we wudnt be complaining and then the demand for oil wud be less thus prices will be lower.

I'm fortunate enough to get company petrol so I don't really check the petrol price much - I checked it out last week and DAMN HOLY BAZOOKA OF ALL THINGS SANE - it'll be over R12/litre after this hike.

When did that happen?

CPI is supposed to be 6% but in April 2010 the petrol price was R8.40/litre in April 2012 it will be R12.05/litre.

Thats a 43% increase in 2 years...fook!

damn... time to start cycling from Hillcrest to Umhlanga... way to work will be easy but ride home will be interesting.

The price of all grades of petrol will increase by 28 cents a litre next week, the energy department said on Wednesday.

A litre of 95 ULP (unleaded) petrol in Gauteng would cost R12.22 from next Wednesday, May 2.

The price of diesel with a 0.05 sulphur content would increase by 9.4 cents a litre, while diesel with a 0.005 percent sulphur content would go up by 8.4 cents a litre.

The wholesale price of illuminating paraffin would increase by nine cents a litre.

The single maximum national retail price for illuminating paraffin would rise by 12 cents a litre.

The maximum retail price for LP Gas would increase by 31 cents a kilogram.

The average international prices of petrol increased over the past month, while that of diesel and illuminating paraffin decreased, the energy department said.

However, a weaker rand-US dollar exchange rate contributed to the increasing local prices.

http://business.iafr...ews/791408.html

Can I ask a question out of interest:

As a result of the increase in petrol price and the e-tag system in Gauteng how many of you are SERIOUSLY considering changing the way you get to and from work be it either by bicycle or some form of public transport or a car pool?

Interesting to see the answers

As a result of the increase in petrol price and the e-tag system in Gauteng how many of you are SERIOUSLY considering changing the way you get to and from work be it either by bicycle or some form of public transport or a car pool?

I only drive 40km to work and back each day, and I am now really considering the Gautrain. Hell even better I think I will start cycling!

They have to find alternative ways to finance the E-Tolls. They are being proactive here, if the motorists does not want to pay the tolls, find another way of getting their money. This is an easy and surefire way of doing it. :cursing: :cursing:

Also measured my routes to and from work, and alternatives. Will drive 1/2 way, cycle the rest. Every Km that I cycle is a Rand not spent on travelling by car.