Coffee machine

Spent a few hours in the workshop this morning turning a tamper from a nice piece of Teak. Works a treat! PIcs to follow!!

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

#DePresso - the feeling you get when a good cup of coffee is finished and you want more, but you're too lazy to make another one.

Thus I tried making 2 cups this am, 2nd was too cold by the time I had it :(

Larger cups also get cold so seems I'll have to make 'em as I drink 'em.

#BaristaProblems - when you rather drink coffee at home as it's better than most cafe's.

- When someone asks you for a "normal coffee". What is that? Does it even exist?

Add yours!

Getting my Oscar this week. Any tips for initial set up?

Well get a good amount of fresh beans and milk. You're going to use lots while learning.

Don't forget the accessories you need - good grinder!, tamper, milk jug, knock box, cloths, counter brush, timer and scale. getting a water filter jug is also a good idea to use filtered water in the tank.

Listen to Allessandro and read the instructions, you need to switch the machine on to fill the boiler then off and then on again so it can fill to full capacity. It will take some time to heat up and it's a noisy affair, don\'t worry it's not broken :) Even then it's not fully warmed up so it will take some time to be at optimal temp.

Try keep track of your timing and measurements in the beginning, makes dialing things in easier if you can change just one variable at a time.

Most importantly - ENJOY!

Well get a good amount of fresh beans and milk. You're going to use lots while learning.

Don't forget the accessories you need - good grinder!, tamper, milk jug, knock box, cloths, counter brush, timer and scale. getting a water filter jug is also a good idea to use filtered water in the tank.

Listen to Allessandro and read the instructions, you need to switch the machine on to fill the boiler then off and then on again so it can fill to full capacity. It will take some time to heat up and it's a noisy affair, don\'t worry it's not broken :) Even then it's not fully warmed up so it will take some time to be at optimal temp.

Try keep track of your timing and measurements in the beginning, makes dialing things in easier if you can change just one variable at a time.

Most importantly - ENJOY!

This is why I asked here. Beautiful feedback. :)

You're going to love your Oscar and so will your guests! Why didn't you opt for the Grinta grinder that comes with the Oscar? I think it was quite a good deal for both.

Some nice handy work there? What does it weigh?

Thanks.

Haven't turned anything in ages was pretty surprised myself how well it came out.

I really have no idea. It isn't a light wood but I can't see it weighing much. I will weight it and post it up.