French & Swiss Alps 2012

patches

We got a tour with a German guy & a Pom on some unmarked trails on the Pleney hill. The steepest trails I have been on in my life (to date). The good thing is that there were no braking bumps :)

Bad news is that Patches took a spill and broke his collar bone. No op required, but he'll be in a brace for a couple of weeks. Get well soon Patches & thanks for showing us around. Much appreciated.

Whaaaat!? Noooo! Patches, how could you!? Wtf did you do now? See a hot auntie (Tracey Hannah, now that she's out for a bit) checking out the trails?

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Omega Man

Jees. Boy's know how to get themselves into k@k hey.

Guest Omega Man

It doesn't have to be this way BTW. Just check **** out before you go b@lls to the wall. Simple really.

Guest Omega Man

Never know dude... Could have been a Ricky moment!

Ricky was being a tool when he went down. Don't believe anything else. I was 5m behind him when it happened. If you gonna be dumb you gotta be tough.

jeepers so that Peach and Patches down and out ... the Alps are claiming victims properly!

Sorry to hear.Was looking forward to reports and pics.....of riding those awesome trails that is.

We got a tour with a German guy & a Pom on some unmarked trails on the Pleney hill. The steepest trails I have been on in my life (to date). The good thing is that there were no braking bumps :)

Bad news is that Patches took a spill and broke his collar bone. No op required, but he'll be in a brace for a couple of weeks. Get well soon Patches & thanks for showing us around. Much appreciated.

WTF okes,guess my play it safe was a lol.1st time i went to skate street in Ventura california,i rolled around that facility for 2 days before i started busting out.Got 22 feet+vert extensions there with 4 plus feet of vert.Tony Hawk & mike mcgill skating there is a lil intimidating,need to pull yourself to the side for a second & say im not pro lemme take it easy. :thumbup: These guys ride this everyday, their lvl is insane.

To the rest take it easy,should mainly be a your scouting out tour.

Theres next year .

Healing vibes Patches :thumbup:

Guest Omega Man

Ja jees sorry boys. To the guys thinking about going don't let this put you off. I guarantee you as soon as they can type they will say that they are going back for sure.

The danger is purely a user defined thing. The trails are incredibly well built and for the most part very well marked. Admittedly it's very easy to get yourself into a situation that can result in a lot of pain but you need to be aware of you own limitations.

You can for instance do the Chatel Mountain style course or the Air Voltage track if you are so inclined. No-one is going to stop you. But you can also just ride the jeep tracks. The trick is finding a balance between fun and danger over there.

Oh. And you HAVE to have really good medical insurance. Cos people do get hurt every day over there.

Edited by Omega Man

We have indeed. Only done 2 in a sitting, followed by a couple of Grolsh drafts. The Scot couple here say the record is 8 from Bar Robinson (only open from 4 to 8) and holding it down. I still hope to manage at least 5.

Peach has had further bad luck. Their spot got broken into and his bike got swiped, along with 2 others. Patches bike at least survived that one. Not sure why they chose his busted up rig?

Plans for visiting Champery have been put on hold due to rain...