The Olympics thread…

Tumbleweed

Love Kabush's lamb chops, and Batty, well she can park her bike under my bed any day...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, that is cool. You know you got houding when a sponsored seatpost has your name alongside the Olympics on it.

Go Burry!

@Cyclingnewsfeed

Millar selected for Team GB Olympic road race team: Stannard, Cavendish, Wiggins and Froome

is this where we post pictures of Olympic riding shoes?

http://imgc.classistatic.com/cps/kjc/120122/461r1/4697ldn_20.jpeg

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/rwandan-mountain-bikers-rocky-ride-london-063307992--spt.html

Rwandan mountain biker's rocky ride to London

KIGALI, July 12 (Reuters) - Adrien Niyonshuti's memories of Rwanda's genocide are hazy, but when he needs to shut off his mind and forget the slaughter that killed six of his brothers he jumps on his bike.

There was also a CNN interview with him the other day.

Skizo's prep:

Olympic Prep: Month one boot camp recap.

Being in the states over the last 4 weeks was a good choice. Being able to focus on what I needed to do was easy as I had no distractions. Training in the heat also helped a lot and the program me my coach and I put together seems to have worked well in conjunction with the next couple of weeks of train coming up. My preparation is on track and communicating with my coach makes it easy for us to both keep track of the training goals we set each week.

I am now in Lumbres France where I will continue to train and ride a supercross track for the next three and a half weeks. One of my good friends is here with who also qualified for the Olympics from Ecuador and having a training partner is going to awesome as most of my training I normally do alone. The track out here is awesome to train on and work on technical skills. The track is around 400+ meters and is just what I need to do my technical training on prepare for the Olympic track which is also over 400m long. It's open everyday of the week which makes it good for me to able to ride in good and bad weather conditions to prepare the best I can.

I also built my olympic bike over the last few weeks in the states and rode it a few times. I'm still running it in to make sure it's in the best race condition come August 10. Having my own bike brand has been a big eye opener for me and I'm very fortunate to have made the connections I have made with certain people. My colour scheme for my Olympic bike is black yellow and gold. Nothing really different in my set up all I can say is that it's really comfortable and rides like a dream.

Will keep you all up to date with my final weeks of training leading into London. Thank you all for the support.

Skizo105

• 2 weeks later...

What are the viewing times for the road race?

I think it's Friday.

:w00t:

Is it not saterday and sunday (mens/ladies)

We must make sure..... Cant miss it ey

And tt too

Is it not saterday and sunday (mens/ladies)

We must make sure..... Cant miss it ey

And tt too

On the Olympic website - 28 July @ 10:00.

On the Olympic website - 28 July @ 10:00.

Cool, Saterday's ride will be 2 hours earlier then