• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Buys or Croeser

They are the only 2 racing over seas or putting the hurt on Burry lately

Potgieter.

:thumbup:

PS Send me your training log and I'll have a look. I know people who know people who know Burry.

Edited by Puncheur

What about them girls?

And road?

Not sure how many women we qualify for dirt - think it's just one - so Neethling?

Men's road, just one. Maybe either of Meintjies or Janse Van Rensberg?

We could have three women for road. Moolman Pasio for sure.

I don't see two slots for Suisse there. Sauser not in yet?

Dont think Susi will make the team, probably be Vogel and Fluckiger

There's still hope tho, 2 more World cup events this month before the teams are finalised

So what do you say?

Do you look at the best future prospect at the 2016 Olympics , or do we just fill the spot in the team with the best available because we have to? Tough choices hey!

KZN MOUNTAIN BIKING

Interesting debate on 2nd Male XCO rider for Olympics on Twitter. The question being asked by Mr Tread is if SASCOC agree to a second rider, who should it be? Choices given are Phil Buys, Rourke Croeser, James Reid and Brendan Davids. All are fantastic XCO cyclists. Right now it has to be said, that even though the last 3 mentioned are KZN boys, Phil has to be the best choice based on form and results. We don't think he has been beaten by the others in straight competition yet. Its been close but Phil seems to pull it off.

The question is being asked because of grooming for 2016. All 3 of the others are still U23. Rourke has this plus 1 year to go, James this plus 2 and Brendan this plus 3 before they get into the Elite Category. Mmmm. Makes it interesting. In that time, anything can happen. There are a few other riders coming through the ranks that could match these guys with the right porridge and training.

Africa Champs take place in Mauritius on Saturday and most of them will be there. Let's see what happens. Not an easy decision at all.

Edited by Konaman

I say Phillip, It's the olympics, the best of the best.

The others will have their time, hopefully. :thumbup:

So what do you say?

Do you look at the best future prospect at the 2016 Olympics , or do we just fill the spot in the team with the best available because we have to? Tough choices hey!

KZN MOUNTAIN BIKING

Interesting debate on 2nd Male XCO rider for Olympics on Twitter. The question being asked by Mr Tread is if SASCOC agree to a second rider, who should it be? Choices given are Phil Buys, Rourke Croeser, James Reid and Brendan Davids. All are fantastic XCO cyclists. Right now it has to be said, that even though the last 3 mentioned are KZN boys, Phil has to be the best choice based on form and results. We don't think he has been beaten by the others in straight competition yet. Its been close but Phil seems to pull it off.

The question is being asked because of grooming for 2016. All 3 of the others are still U23. Rourke has this plus 1 year to go, James this plus 2 and Brendan this plus 3 before they get into the Elite Category. Mmmm. Makes it interesting. In that time, anything can happen. There are a few other riders coming through the ranks that could match these guys with the right porridge and training.

Africa Champs take place in Mauritius on Saturday and most of them will be there. Let's see what happens. Not an easy decision at all.

4 years is too long to take a gamble on a promising youngster. plenty of other races for kids to prove themselves before rio. burry is a bona fide medal chance, bloody rare for team sa. if philip can help him at all then he has to be there. if not, then who cares about 40th place? send greg minnaar

• 4 weeks later...

So three women qualify. Who will be selected?

This still needs to be confirmed - teams had till 31/05/2012 to collect UCI points - eventhough there were no more UCI races since UCI published its unofficial list.

I doubt anyone on thehub can make an informed decision on who to send - unless if you have been following the women's progress up close in Europe.

The selectors will have to decide to send 2 sprinters and one support or 1 sprinter and 2 support.