Tumbleweed

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You going for a podium for yourself or to work for Burry…? :whistling:

For me.

Actually, i am rather looking forward to the olympics. Dstv adding four new hd channels for the olympics.

@africanmtbkid: in my opinion if a country qualifies a slot 4 olympics it shud be filled whether theres a contender or not.people work hard to qualify

I agree with Burry, I reckon it should be Reid or Davids, both very young and will stand them in good stead. Reid finished 4th in the WC event in PMB I think, so he should go, but Davids is riding for a Specialized team in the States so do not know how he is performing at the moment.

Who is Davids? I don't see two slots for Suisse there. Sauser not in yet?

Who is Davids?

I agree with Burry, I reckon it should be Reid or Davids, both very young and will stand them in good stead. Reid finished 4th in the WC event in PMB I think, so he should go, but Davids is riding for a Specialized team in the States so do not know how he is performing at the moment.

http://www.cyclingne...country/results

Currently, James Reid, definitely has the vasbyt to be a contender on the world stage and he's still young.

Absolutely brilliant to see the standard of local riders over recent years, all those naysayers from the early 90s that said we'd never get anywhere on the world stage of mountain biking.

Where are you choppers now?

Starting with Burry Stander and Greg Minnaar, we now have world class events and riders across the playing field of disciplines!

Ultra/Marathon

XCO

Downhill

Multi Stage

Yeah, shove that guys!

Who is Davids? I don't see two slots for Suisse there. Sauser not in yet?

It's tough to be a Swiss pro, they probably have half a dozen riders at least who could qualify for Olympics.

Florian Vogal and Nino Schurter are my bet :)

I don't see two slots for Suisse there. Sauser not in yet?

Countries likely to send three male mountain bikers

Switzerland

France

Czech Republic

Germany

Spain

In my totally uninformed and humble opinion it seems that Philip Buys has put in a hell of a lot of effort and time into XCO so why should he not be considered?

Didn't Burry beat him by a mere few seconds at the Fountains race recently?