Proof of Payment

Lexx

Hi Guys, i hope you can help me. How does Nedbank's online proof of payment look like. The reason i ask is, because my friend sold his PS3 on OLX, but this guy who bought it, are insisting he send the ps3 immediately with overnight delivery. And the funds would only be clear tomorrow morning in his ABSA account. That all ready sounds to dodgy for me. So luckily he didn't send the ps3 yet.

See attached the proof of payment. PROOF OF PAYMENT.pdfPROOF OF PAYMENT.pdf

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont bother with how it looks....no money reflecting and cleared then no sending of items!

With FNB you go to the FNB website and confirm the payment online using the reference number on the proof of payment.

Surely its the same with Nedbank?

I sold my bike to a Nedbank (buyer) pm me your email adress and i'll send a copy of a legit one.

Dont bother with how it looks....no money reflecting and cleared then no sending of items!

I hasten to add most people understand they need to wait for funds to clear before anything else happens.

I am a Nedbank client and that kinda looks like what gets generated when you make a payment BUT I would tell the guy to simply wait. When the funds have cleared then you post. NOT before. Its easy to make up an image like that using paint or other.

OR alternatively wait and see a couple of days (no more than 3) just doont give him the item before the money has cleared.

I told my friend to wait. But hell, that proof of payment really looks dodgy.

Dodge to say the least....different fonts...amateur layout...if its indeed legit Nedbank must seriously rethink their docs. Rule is, I will ship once they money cleared.

Ask the buyer for a EFT reference no, check with bank.

its fake

they dont look anything like that

the other warning, anyone insisting on immediate postage usually = scam.

NOPE! Sorry this is a copy of Nedbanks payment confirmation slip. There is not payment Reference number.

payment date on the POP is 11 april 2012. Currently we're in may. So unless the dude paid a month ago....

No, I don't think so - though I can't find one in my desk right now. That curvy thing at the logo looks dodgy. I wouldn't send the goods at all until I had definite proof that the funds had cleared.

Hi Guys, i hope you can help me. How does Nedbank's online proof of payment look like. The reason i ask is, because my friend sold his PS3 on OLX, but this guy who bought it, are insisting he send the ps3 immediately with overnight delivery. And the funds would only be clear tomorrow morning in his ABSA account. That all ready sounds to dodgy for me. So luckily he didn't send the ps3 yet.

See attached the proof of payment. PROOF OF PAYMENT.pdfPROOF OF PAYMENT.pdf

It does not look like that

The Beneficiary bank name is not reflected on mine when I print it out

The curve is not meant to be there

If that was printed online the it would have the full internet code or what ever one calls it,at the bottom

Its a fraud

Edited by Kranswurm

scam. Straight up. Don't send the goods. He wouldn't even have tried to pay.

It's just like the old trick with paying a cheque into an account with a larger value than the value of items purchased. They then ask for a refund. And it's a stolen cheque. Same operandi, diff modus.