All welcome on 9th Aug - MTB & breakfast

MichH

oh yes, easily. there might not be a section of track not being ridden, but we will all have enough space to ride smileys/smiley2.gif

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone must just remember the entry tickets before you get to the farm, no ticket no ride, for those who haven't been there before.

If anyone still needs to borrow the spare bike, it is still available, when I told my dad I need to use it, he cleaned and serviced it and everything, it would be a shame if it isn't used. So if anyone doesn't want to come becasue they don't have an MTB, just let me know!

I can picture all of us strung out in a looong cycling version of a conga line, snaking our way around the pathways of Northern Farm...!smileys/smiley4.gif

Thanks for the correction amateur, looking forward to seeing you there! And you're right, mushrooms, sausages and tomatoes are a must!

Would it not be possible for someone to organise the tickets for such an amount of people beforehand? Maybe someone that has been there before and knows how it works? DR perhaps?

i am willing to stop and get another card so between my the entries i have on the current one and then 1x new one i'll have extra entries for some people (although at the rate the group is going we're gonna need at least one more person to do likewise!)... but i need to be refunded please!

Slowpoke, I need a new one too, only got two left on the current one. Can you get for me as well? If so pm me your bank details and I will deposit the money for you. I think it was R120 last time.

By the way last time I was there the guy on the gate tried to tell me that one ticket can only be used for one vehicle i.e all people have to be in one car? Anyone else had a similar problem?

OK maybe a different tack on this gate entry thing - for those of us that have never been there needing to pay (always raced there only!) what do you need to do to get just one entry?

BB it is much cheaper to get a multi entry ticket, we can organise for you to use one of ours and just pay us back.

I think it works out to R6 per person.

I have about 3-4 in my party of 8-10.

I am not one of them by the way !!! smileys/smiley5.gif

Hahaha! Looks like it's beer for the favourites only. Dirt-rider, you gonna have to kiss and make up to IanJ to get some!

Let's see how it goes on Wednesday, maybe what we'll do is run 2 groups parallel by the canal, one group takes the road and one group takes the singletrack. Then we meet up again and carry on the ride? It let's people have fun without putting beginners in over their head?

Planned route, through tunnel turn right. Speedies take the far road, beginners take the first road. Meet at the dam turn left. Follow the canal road. Speedies can go around the outside of the big dam if feeling adventurous.

At the singletrack, people can follow the road or the track and we meet at the end. Then either we can turn around and ride the canal road back to the dam for breakfast, or we can climb the hill back to the hay sheds if everyone is still up to it.

OK, we have a 2 plate gas stove, a skottel, another 1 plate stove and a trestle table.

IanJ, can you bring your skottel as well?

I'll PM each of you with what to bring...

Yup will bring mine and we are definately 7 (including Sonic) and maybe 10 if all confirm.

All are prepared to contribute to catering and bring whatever.