dear mrclean, have you never heard of the north shore or wistler or wales? ...

debullet

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We seriously suck at mountain biking. What was mr clean thinking?

the 2012 MTN Series, which is shaping up to be one of the most competitive in the eight year history of the national series. With, with a total of over 16 000 participants, it is the largest mountain bike series in the world.

TNT get yourself a bike and get out there, you spend too much time on the (cycling) hub

Oh no he did not say that and on national TV!

Go speak face to face to him you know where he works, heck rather get on your bike and go ride the nice trails we have in South Africa than post a dumb ass rant like this, the man is entitled to his own opinion just like you and me!

South Africa has the best trails I have ridden...

... so far! hahaha!

I'll review and adjust this post accordingly after my 2 weeks of downhilling in the Alps (set for August) :devil: :thumbup:

No man, that's not what I'm getting at.

Just because we have lots of well run multi day endurance events doesn't mean we are the mtb center of the world. There are quiet a few other places that have done much more for mountain biking and have far better trails than we have have. Minnar and stunder would probably agree, in fact I saw minnar in an interview saying that whistler has the best trials in the world. What's the big deal with me disagreeing with AM's statement? Yes i have ridden some good trails in sa but I think there is loads of potential for better.

Yes I agree that whilst Andrew's comment may not have been accurate I still think he's doing the right thing to punt SA mountain biking as hard as he can. We have a lot of untapped potential - at both the talent and the trail end of this thing - and if nobody shouts about it the kids will just go and play rugby and cricket when they could be helping to unlock it. Personally I'd rather see them ripping it up on their bikes than ripping up their mates bungholes with broomsticks at school-sanctioned training camps. But that's just me and the rest of the country probably thinks differently.

Edited by Lucky Luke.

I say bud, you'll make an excellent politician or tabloid journo. We obviously quoted you "out of context" :devil:

I think us in Mpumalanga are blessed with 1000's of trails. There's so many trails that's not advertise anywhere. We can ride for hours next to the kruger park fence. Even the farmers have opened their farms for the mountain bikers over weekends and during the week. We dont have to travel for hours to get to a nice place to ride. you just get on you bike, and within 8km's your in heaven. I mean, we are 70km from Swazilnd and 9km from mozambiquen border. :clap: