Most comfortable MTB saddles

M L

Best MTB saddles  

102 members have voted

1. 1. What is/was your most comfortable saddle to date?

• Have chosen a saddle in the second list
    • Fizik Anteras
    • Fizik Arione
    • Fizik Gobi
    • Fizik Tundra
    • Sella Italia SL/SL flow
    • Sella Italia Gel flow
    • Koobi Sl Classic gel
    • Koobi Xenon
    • Specialized Sonoma
    • Specialized Milano
    • Specialized Phenom
    • Specialized Henge
    • San Marco Zoncolan
    • San Marco Caymano
    • San Marco Regal
    • Crank Brother iodine 11
    • Ritchey WCS Biomax
    • Planet X superlight Team
  2. 2. And the list continues

• WTB speed v pro gel
    • WTB Pure v race
    • WTB Volt Race
    • WTB silverado Team
    • WTB Pure V Team
    • WTB Deva SLT
    • Have chosen a saddle in the first list
    • Bontrager evoke
    • Fizik Zeak
    • Prologo Nago evo plus
    • Selle Italia SLR

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Using a Fizik Zeak and have never felt anything as comfortable. Not the lightest saddle around but it really is great. I have been using it for 3 years, and have done 1000's of km's on it without a single sore.

OK the thing is, everyone has different bums to put it bluntly. So peter might like the Fizik but for you it might be too narrow.

The only way to really be comfortable is measure your sit bones and buy a saddle which allows your sit bones to do their job properly.

I am super comfortable on my specialized saddle as it fits my rear. My rolls saddle is really uncomfortably and I don't dig it. My bum get's sore and my area goes numb.

So generally to me the width of the saddle is important and if it has an indented center so that I don't go numb.

Edited by PA HIRE

None of those.

Got a Koobi PRS. http://www.koobi.com/koobisaddles.aspx

The upper is top grade leather built by Sella Italia, the undercarriage is a modern version of the tennis-ball suspension concept.

I have tried many, many saddles but this is by far the best. It removes 90% of buss or noise. Comfort wise, it feels firm, not squishy, but the comfort is great. Your *** feels like you have been riding soft-tail compared to a super rigid hard tail.

Cant vote uve listed all the k@k & expensive saddles here.Usually for cred more then anything.

SDG and WTB own most of those saddles , on price , look & comfort :thumbup:

Ok ladies, list has been updated. Where in CT can I get tested. Those specialized babies looks as if they could work for me.

Edited by wheelerdealer

Ok ladies, list has been updated. Where in CT can I get tested. Those specialized babies looks as if they could work for me.

In Stellies you can go to the bike shop on Dorp Str, opposite the Builders Warehouse (Grey building) and I forget their name ... speak to Ben, ex Williams Bike Shop Mechanic and now new bike shop owner.

BMT cycles. Ja not too fond of them. Do they test or is it just for advice purposes?

Edited by wheelerdealer

Tried and struggled with the fizik tundra then the gobi then the ritchey wcs , and now back to basics with a new prologo, feels much better.

BMT cycles. Ja not too fond of them. Do they test or is it just for advice purposes?

They should be able to do both for you

Funny thing my MTB has an old Raleigh saddle on it given to me by a friend for free. I look at the other 3 saddles in my spares box and wonder why I spent so much money on expenses saddles when the most comfie saddle I have did not cost me a cent.

I'm somewhat of a saddle whore: I have a WTB, Fizik Gobi & Tundra, Selle Italia Gel Flow. They all are comfortable on all rides under 2 hours. They all are uncomfortable on all rides over 4 hours.

Very personal. Prologo Scratch was okay-ishm then suddenly started killing me even on short rides. Got measured, slapped a Spez Phenom (143) under my butt and... :clap: !

Even changed my road saddle to a Spez Romin now. Add more smiles...