Most comfortable MTB saddles

M L

Best MTB saddles  

102 members have voted

1. 1. What is/was your most comfortable saddle to date?

• Have chosen a saddle in the second list
    • Fizik Anteras
    • Fizik Arione
    • Fizik Gobi
    • Fizik Tundra
    • Sella Italia SL/SL flow
    • Sella Italia Gel flow
    • Koobi Sl Classic gel
    • Koobi Xenon
    • Specialized Sonoma
    • Specialized Milano
    • Specialized Phenom
    • Specialized Henge
    • San Marco Zoncolan
    • San Marco Caymano
    • San Marco Regal
    • Crank Brother iodine 11
    • Ritchey WCS Biomax
    • Planet X superlight Team
  2. 2. And the list continues

• WTB speed v pro gel
    • WTB Pure v race
    • WTB Volt Race
    • WTB silverado Team
    • WTB Pure V Team
    • WTB Deva SLT
    • Have chosen a saddle in the first list
    • Bontrager evoke
    • Fizik Zeak
    • Prologo Nago evo plus
    • Selle Italia SLR

Have your behind measured and then buy accordingly...

I have a Specialized Ariel saddle and it is the best money i have ever spent! Although being a MTB saddle, i put it on a road bike, did the MTN Panorama tour, never had a sore bum at all... Came back home, put it back on my MTB, did the Sani2C and no sore bum or saddle sores at all!!

Specialized really put a LOT of effort into their products! And no i don't own a Specialized MTB, yet...

I have a friend who worked in a bike shop for couple of years, and he said stay the hell away from Fizik saddles... but its like everyone said, we all differ and eventually it comes down to what will work for you.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dunno. Can't even give it away.

I would of grabbed it ,far to the burg for a saddle tho,old duck works in isando ^_^

Dunno. Can't even give it away.

I`ll take it for my gardener, he seems to wear saddles out in 3 months, max. Duct tape is his friend.

I tried the Gobi - Worst saddle experience ever. Back on my trusty Selle Italia SLR XT. Heard some good things about the Specialized and Ritchey saddles, so I may try one of these soon.

Got my ass measured, I need a 143mm wide saddle. Got a gobi from a friend for time being (gobi is 128mm wide). Anyone with gobi's and need a 143mm saddle but still very happy? Will see how it goes.

• 2 months later...

Got my ass measured, I need a 143mm wide saddle. Got a gobi from a friend for time being (gobi is 128mm wide). Anyone with gobi's and need a 143mm saddle but still very happy? Will see how it goes.

The gobi is killing me at the moment. So I took the step and went to Specialized shop to measure my sit bones. I need a 168 saddle! Yes 168mm. So the don;t have stock, so I took the 155mm test Phenom saddle for 2 weeks. It was killing me. Sit bones so sore as hell, so much chaffing everywhere. In this case the 168 would actually make it worse.

I handed back the 155 test saddle. For now I'am back onto Gobi, And will continue my test saddle program within 4 weeks from now.

I almost bought the 155 saddle without giving it a try, But good I had an option to try before you buy.

Buy the looks of it, it is going to take a long time to find the correct saddle for me.

With the Phenom there is so mush more pressure on my sit bones, and I'am not use to that.

My advice for getting a MTB saddle? Try a Gobi before trying anything else. Have done a Transbaviaans as well as last years Langsbaviaans plus all the long training hours leading up to the event without a hint of a problem, no numbness and no saddle sores.

More important than a good saddle is a good mtb setup done by a professional, as numbness of the hands and butt region is more often than not setup related. Just as important is good hygiene and a good chamois cream applied as a thick layer on your butt or chamois. (the longer the ride the thicker). Get out of that stinking and wet bib shorts asap after every ride and wash your nether regions with good antibacterial soap. If, like me you can not afford the expensive chamois creams sold by your lbs get yourself a 500 ml or 1l tub of milking cream at your local agricultural Co-op and mix in a tube of antibacterial ointment like germolene. Don't know what a saddle sore is since started using this mix seven years ago.

Screw Gobi, some people like them some people don`t, SDG Formula MTR for me, it`s a hidden gem, it just looks comfortable, and when you sit on it, it just is.

Edited by Berg Bok

• 3 months later...

Looking at this poll and just got a shock of my life. 50% of the people voted say that Fizik Gobi is the most comfortable.eek.gif

I used it a few times and that is the most uncomfortable saddle I ever used or even sit on. I don't even need 30km and my bum want to kill me! Toss it off my bike and replace it with a Fizik Nisene! Like sitting on the couch!whistling.gif

Looking at this poll and just got a shock of my life. 50% of the people voted say that Fizik Gobi is the most comfortable.eek.gif

I used it a few times and that is the most uncomfortable saddle I ever used or even sit on. I don't even need 30km and my bum want to kill me! Toss it off my bike and replace it with a Fizik Nisene! Like sitting on the couch!whistling.gif

+1...each but is different I suppose but the gobi feels like a permanent wedgie..Spez phenom 155 fank you

Liking the WTB silverado at the moment, best saddle I have tried. Would like to test out a phenom as well.

Liking the WTB silverado at the moment, best saddle I have tried. Would like to test out a phenom as well.

I have tried several saddles this year , and every time i am back on WTB silverado .Worst was sella italia gel flo .Bontrager not bad .3 stage races this year on silverado has sealed for me.Phenom looks good ,but haven,t tried Edited by Blitzer

Took my old mtb saddle off my Raleigh from 1996 to have it repadded and covered. As comfy as sin. Why don't they make saddles you can redo when needed? Cost me R100! And is as comfy as my Gobi.

I had a cheap Schwinn saddle that was quite comfy, but the rails bent a bit, so now it's on the exercise bike. I'm also one of the not so few that tried a Gobi and found it uncomfortable. My current saddle is a Fizik Nisene and it's much more comfy than the Gobi. I recently tried a Specialized Henge, but without first getting my sit bones measured - turns out it was too wide at 144mm, but I think at 133mm it would have been a nice comfy saddle. The lbs said they would try and organize a demo saddle for me.

I'm thinking about trying the Rido RLt saddle after reading a review here. The marketing seems to make sense, but it's a little expensive (R1100) just for an experiment, although it will be worth it if it works as well as they say it does.

Edited by Jacquers