Cadence Nutrition

Got some extra Christmas beetle protein with my marathon passion fruit, hopefully it give me wings.

post-26450-1429984574,6522.jpg

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Doc, out of curiosity, I'm trying marathon for the first time. When I mix it, it seems like the powder takes forever to dissolve! Is this normal? It also seems to foam helluva lot, more so when compared to the carbo fuel?

The Doc, out of curiosity, I'm trying marathon for the first time. When I mix it, it seems like the powder takes forever to dissolve! Is this normal? It also seems to foam helluva lot, more so when compared to the carbo fuel?

I am having the same issue with the carbofuel lately so now i just chuck in the blender and 10 secs later its fully dissolved :clap:

Got some extra Christmas beetle protein with my marathon passion fruit, hopefully it give me wings.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1429984567.160023.jpg

Hi AngelourKing,

Naturally we are quite shocked to see that.

It is obviously difficult to say where in the chain this little Christmas beetle got under the lid of your Marathon as it may happen in store or the warehouse as well.

We will take it up with our chain from manufacturing to store level to reduce the risk of a recurrence.

Glad to see it's not under the safety seal though!

With regards to the mixing and having some sediment. Both Marathon and CarboFuel will need to be mixed vigorously to dissolve the maltodextrin. In Marathon, the addition of the protein may make this more difficult. 

This is a standard situation with any maltodextrin. If you give it a few minutes and then shake the bottle it will dissolve.

Regards,

Jeroen

• 1 month later...

I could be wrong but that looks like Cadence on the table in front of Johan Potgieter at Fort William World Cup DH yesterday. Looks like Pottie' s saying "Look mate, it's my Cadence...go get your own".

post-58202-0-69303900-1433658487_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I could be wrong but that looks like Cadence on the table in front of Johan Potgieter at Fort William World Cup DH yesterday. Looks like Pottie' s saying "Look mate, it's my Cadence...go get your own".

So right you are.

Maybe he got some from our athlete, Andrew Neethling. 

Then again...maybe he got his own.

Thanks for the post.

Where in Durban can I find these products? Been to a few lbs and haven't seen in on the shelves. Does dischem still carry the brand?

picked up a tub of Marathon and Carbofuel today, and some gels. will try them out this weekend.

We await your feedback :clap:

used the carbofuel this morning on a 2 hour / 45km ride, good sustainable energy throughout and I didn't feel flat at all. But cant say I'm a fan of the natural citrus flavour.

Will probable give the Marathon a go tomorrow. Have that in passion fruit so hope the taste is better

• 4 weeks later...

used the carbofuel this morning on a 2 hour / 45km ride, good sustainable energy throughout and I didn't feel flat at all. But cant say I'm a fan of the natural citrus flavour.

Will probable give the Marathon a go tomorrow. Have that in passion fruit so hope the taste is better

Or try the Red Berry Carbofuel.

Some like the zing, some like it sweet. We cater to everyone.

Strangely enough, Red Berry CF works for me, but I tend to like Marathon in natural Citrus. And on the other side of the sweetness spectrum, the Passion Fruit Marathon isn't half bad either!

However, Cream Soda, which was super delicious in the "old" Classic Energy, did not translate well when they made it in Marathon! 

I have to say that I enjoy the new natural citrus. The less sweet taste really works well on the bike.