Cadence Nutrition

what's the point of this thread if you cannot BUY the product anywhere?

why not sell it online - sites like supplementworld.co.za deliver GREAT service and prices

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

why not sell it online - sites like supplementworld.co.za deliver GREAT service and prices

Demand is higher than supply, currently, at least, as disclosed by the manufacturer.

The manufacturer is aware of the challenge.

CWC has, got some yesterday.

yup you can get it online at CWC (not listed on CN website) as well as cycle lab (a bit cheaper than CWC) Buycycle does not list it on there website and neither does Evobikes

Thank you for your reply.

I was more thinking about stage races.  I am currently preparing for the Panorama tour.  i am Lactose and Gluten intollerant and therefore I asked if you have a product that contains protein that is not derived from milk.

Unfortunately we don't have anything that will be able to assist you.

However, I would suggest using CarboFuel and then getting your protein in another form.

Regards,

Jeroen

Are you very lactose intolerant? I mean if Cadence Nutrition were to replace the whey protein concentrate with the more expensive isolate, would that work for you - or do you still react to isolate?

Doc, what do you think the price increase would be on a tub of Marathon if you switched to isolate? Too much?

It would be very expensive. 

I don't think it would be justifiable to raise the price any further.

Thanks for the input though.

Jeroen

Quickie, your website needs an update, the Carbofuel citrus info is not listed as the Marathon,  the reseller list needs a revamp as some no longer carry the product. Looking forward to trying out the carbofuel tomorrow morning, finally found some albeit on the other side of Jozi!

Thank you. 

We are updating it already. We should have this sorted early next week.

We have called each and every store in Gauteng this week to confirm stock presence.

You can find stock at:

Cyclelab Fourways (lots of stock)

Velolife Rosebank (lots of stock)

Bike Scene

Hot Spot

Bruce Reyneke (Lynnwood & West Rand)

Cycle House

Cycle Zone

Design in Motion

Solomon's Lynnwood

Epic Sport

Finish Line

CycleLab Centurion

Hatfield Cycles

Cyclelab Little Falls

Omega Cycles

Kyalami Pro

Linden Cycles

With the above list I think you really can't say that you cannot find the product (I know it's not as easy as popping into Dischem but we made a rational decision not to sell in Dischem for valid reasons)

If you happen to go to any retailer and can't find stock or a particular flavour, please let us know via the website comments section or twitter or on this thread. We will make sure it gets there.

Please also ask the store why they don't have enough stock and ask them to order. The biggest problem with cycle stores is that they don't want to hold lots of stock so that they can maximise cash flow. However, then they unfortunately sell out between restocking. As the consumer we also need you as the end user to advise the store that you want the product. Telling them that from our side does not hold nearly as much credence as the customer demanding it themselves.

Omnico B2B system is extremely efficient. Stores can order online in seconds and delivery is guaranteed 24-48 hours later. The stores will confirm that this system works and that they get great service from Omnico. Which is why we decided on Omnico as a distributor. 

You can also order our product from CWC online. 

We will not sell to an online store that is not a brick and mortar store as well as it undercuts the cycle retailers who we aim to support.

Thank you for your ongoing support and constructive feedback.

Jeroen

Jeroen, I get that you want to support the cycling industry, but shouldn't the customer be put first? As for the cycle shops... Have you ever seen a struggling bike shop owner? Your new strategy is benefiting the people who is benefiting most from the massively growing cycling market, at expense of your customers.

Just my 2c. Still love your product.

Jeroen, I get that you want to support the cycling industry, but shouldn't the customer be put first? As for the cycle shops... Have you ever seen a struggling bike shop owner? Your new strategy is benefiting the people who is benefiting most from the massively growing cycling market, at expense of your customers.

Just my 2c. Still love your product.

Let's give it 3 more months. If you still struggle with getting stock we will consider other avenues.

Let's give it 3 more months. If you still struggle with getting stock we will consider other avenues.

Hi Jeroen 

I love the Natural Citrus. Not overly sweet which is surprising for a 2:1 drink. The fructose often makes these drinks sickly sweet. Not so with your product which is excellent. And local which is very cool.

I have a question about the "natural" statement. The ingredients list just states flavour. The front of the container states "contains no artificial flavourants". What is used for the lemon flavour? Is it freeze dried lemon powder like Scratch Labs uses or is it a Nature Identical flavour?

Been trying to find cadence nutrition around JHB south for two days now without any luck. Springbok pharmacy had some but they were oooooold. Any idea if and when some LBS's around here will start stocking CN?

Not sure how far south you are... But I saw I cadence display stand at UR cycling in Vereeniging on Friday. Didn't check what was in stock, but give Ian a call or mail him

Hi Jeroen 

I love the Natural Citrus. Not overly sweet which is surprising for a 2:1 drink. The fructose often makes these drinks sickly sweet. Not so with your product which is excellent. And local which is very cool.

I have a question about the "natural" statement. The ingredients list just states flavour. The front of the container states "contains no artificial flavourants". What is used for the lemon flavour? Is it freeze dried lemon powder like Scratch Labs uses or is it a Nature Identical flavour?

Hi Jay_B

We have flavour stickers for our products and otherwise use the same label across specific products like Marathon or CarboFuel. Label printing is very expensive and needs to be done in large quantities to keep costs down. If we printed a separate label for each flavour we would sit on thousands of labels for months at a time and this is really not a good way to invest your money.

With regards to the citrus Marathon, it is a nature identical flavour.

Regards.

Jeroen

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Jeroen

I was chatting to my mate about nutrition and he highly recommended the Cadence products and went on to explain his use of the products which has had a noticeable improvement to his on the bike performance. He uses the Marathon 1st when a race is longer than 3 hours, then for the last stretch use the Carbo Fuel and a gel every 60 mins. If a shorter race he then only uses the Carbo Fuel. I'm keen to try this approach, as I traditionally eat every 30 mins usually nuts or natural products.

My question really is around my hypothyroidism and my body's inability to increase the T3 and T6 hormone to increase my metabolism when an increase in energy is required - I do take thyroid meds, based on my specific TSH T3 and T6 levels.

Would the above nutritional approach be sufficient to ensure I'm able to maintain the required energy levels? I'm 47 years old, 1.87 tall and weigh 96kg - not sure if this is required.

Cheers,

Mark

Edited by vanmark

Hi Mark,

Apologies for the delay in replying. This thread went quiet for a while and I only saw now.

I thought there would be comments about Rourke & Travis jumping ship to USN.  :whistling:

With regards to your Thyroid:

You don't need to be concerned about the effects of nutrition on your levels of T3 & T4.

Those values do not fluctuate during exercise and are not influenced by exercise nor your nutritional strategy during exercise at all.

Rather check to ensure that your TSH, T3 and T4 values fall within normal range every 3-6 months until they become stable.

The strategy your friend is using is an optimal approach and I would recommend that you follow the same.

Regards,

Jeroen

Hi Mark,

Apologies for the delay in replying. This thread went quiet for a while and I only saw now.

I thought there would be comments about Rourke & Travis jumping ship to USN.  :whistling:

With regards to your Thyroid:

You don't need to be concerned about the effects of nutrition on your levels of T3 & T4.

Those values do not fluctuate during exercise and are not influenced by exercise nor your nutritional strategy during exercise at all.

Rather check to ensure that your TSH, T3 and T4 values fall within normal range every 3-6 months until they become stable.

The strategy your friend is using is an optimal approach and I would recommend that you follow the same.

Regards,

Jeroen

Thank you Jeroen, really appreciate the feedback - I'll be heading to Epic Sport to stock up on Cadence