Cadence Nutrition

Afternoon Jeroen, 
Just a quick question are you still making the Classic Energy ? and if not which would you recommend i replace it with ?  

P.S i agree with the comments above, cadence is almost impossible to find since dis-chem stopped distributing it for you.  

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I started using Carbo Fuel about a month ago and I have noticed a massive difference in my riding. I am not fit at all and haven't been doing any more excercise than usual, but my endurance levels have improved drastically. I have one more friend who also started using it and both of us have noticed the difference in our riding compared to the rest of the group. Great taste, great product! 

Afternoon Jeroen, 

Just a quick question are you still making the Classic Energy ? and if not which would you recommend i replace it with ?  

P.S i agree with the comments above, cadence is almost impossible to find since dis-chem stopped distributing it for you.  

@ Juddy - I usually buy my Cadence products at either Chris Willemse cycles in Willowbridge or Greenpoint. 

Giant Durbanville opened up not to long ago in Wellington str and they also stock Cadence products and then City cycles in Canal Walk as well.

Not to clued up on Southern suburbs stores and availability.

Hi Mark,

Apologies for the delay in replying. This thread went quiet for a while and I only saw now.

I thought there would be comments about Rourke & Travis jumping ship to USN. :whistling:

With regards to your Thyroid:

You don't need to be concerned about the effects of nutrition on your levels of T3 & T4.

Those values do not fluctuate during exercise and are not influenced by exercise nor your nutritional strategy during exercise at all.

Rather check to ensure that your TSH, T3 and T4 values fall within normal range every 3-6 months until they become stable.

The strategy your friend is using is an optimal approach and I would recommend that you follow the same.

Regards,

Jeroen

Looks like you are willing to give us some of the inside scoop on Rourke & Travis? lol

I guess money talks, especially for the young guys. I always wonder whether the usn athletes actually use their products or if they just sport the brand. We'll never know...

Anyway, who are your sponsored athletes at the moment?

Started using Carbo Fuel about a month ago and used the Marathon on two long training rides. Highly recommended and my favorite so far, as I've tried a couple of other brands over the last year. 

The natural flavor taste great!

Started using Carbo Fuel about a month ago and used the Marathon on two long training rides. Highly recommended and my favorite so far, as I've tried a couple of other brands over the last year.

The natural flavor taste great!

I've always used the Classic Energy as I wasn't sure whether to go for that or Marathon. Started using Marathon and have not looked back. There is nothing that compares to it. Haven't been able to get hold of the new natural flavor stuff though, but that's ok. Just glad I could eventually get hold of the product.

I now use Marathon along with the high 5 caffeine tabs. It's an awesome combo.

Does the  Classic Energy still exist?

Marathon is a little strong for my tastes, seems less of a thirst quenching drink and Carbo Fuel doesn't seem to have half the benefits/added nutritional value that classic energy used to have...plus there is no protein. 

I don't think Classic Energy still exists. CarboFuel is kick-azz for a lot of uses - and it's not too pricey. I really don't care about protein on a ride (afterwards is another story) unless it is a really long ride. Otherwise have a lekker braai the evening before or egg for breakfast... I vote for the braai!  :whistling: 

Squier, what's the caffeine content on the High-5 stuff? Because Cadence caffeine capsules are downright awesome! Makes a caffein gel look like a kiddies treat. Just don't take too much - I ended up puking my lungs out after one event a while ago whilst still trying to get the measure right...  :blush:

As I understand it Carbo Fuel is the replacement for Classic Energy. Stand to be corrected, but pretty much the same thing with a new name.

The new and improved CarboFuel works like a charm for me in most 3 - 4 hour races.

I mix 1 & a half scoops per 750ml of water and the taste is just right for me and no cramps or drop in performance. 

I ride with 2 bottles per race and 3 Cadence gels which kicks like Bruce Lee :clap:

How do the other guys mix it?

Afternoon Jeroen, 

Research about a decade ago showed that adding protein during exercise enhanced performance.

Hence all our drinks contained protein.

More recent research has shown that when the total caloric content is the same, a carb drink will result in the same performance as a carb / protein drink.

However, protein in the drink result in a faster recovery after exercise and improved performance in any subsequent exercise bouts.

It is for this reason that we invented CarboFuel - A carbohydrate and electrolyte drink. Sans protein. 

We have therefore also discontinued Classic Energy. The presence of three different energy products was increasingly confusing to customers. We have therefore consolidated with Marathon for endurance cycling and stage racing and CarboFuel for shorter duration training and racing.

Marathon has been reduced in price to reduce the impact of this change.

Looks like you are willing to give us some of the inside scoop on Rourke & Travis? lol

I guess money talks, especially for the young guys. I always wonder whether the usn athletes actually use their products or if they just sport the brand. We'll never know...

Anyway, who are your sponsored athletes at the moment?

No inside scoop. 

Our sponsored athletes are:

Team Scott powered by LCB

(Philip Buys, Matthys Beukes, Gert Heyns, Arno Du Toit)

LCB development team (10 riders)

Velokhaya / Rand Water team

J-9 Team (Joost Van Der Westhuizen foundation)

Matt Beers (SA's hottest upcoming marathon talent)

Renay Groustra

Clover vets team

Andrew Neethling

Vanessa Haywood

Linus Van Onselen

Natalie Bergstrom

Martin Zietsman

Di Carolin

Alex Stieda (First American to wear the yellow jersey in the TDF)

Rene Hasselbacher

Mike Posthumas

John Wakefield

Excuse me if i am being a little idiotic here but does this mean you have taken a better product off the market ? and replaced it with a carb only alternative, which doesn't help the recovery afterwards ?  

"a carb drink will result in the same performance as a carb / protein drink"
Same during the ride

However, protein in the drink result in a faster recovery after exercise and improved performance in any subsequent exercise bouts.
But Classic Energy is better for after the ride and for the next ride.

It is for this reason that we invented CarboFuel - A carbohydrate and electrolyte drink.
Taken a better product off the market ? and replaced it with a carb only alternative ?

​I am sorry but that's what i am reading here .. have I understood that wrong ?  

from what i gather is that to get the same benefit as Classic energy i need to take carb fuel & (Revive or Protein Fuel) after the ride ? 

or take Marathon which as far as I remember is a concentrated Classic Energy?
Problem being that its a little to concentrated making the flavor a little too strong.

I have no doubt CarboFuel works well, and i will try it.. but as far as I can tell Classic Energy was better ?

​RIP Classic Energy 

Excuse me if i am being a little idiotic here but does this mean you have taken a better product off the market ? and replaced it with a carb only alternative, which doesn't help the recovery afterwards ?  

"a carb drink will result in the same performance as a carb / protein drink"
Same during the ride

But Classic Energy is better for after the ride and for the next ride.

It is for this reason that we invented CarboFuel - A carbohydrate and electrolyte drink.
Taken a better product off the market ? and replaced it with a carb only alternative ?

​I am sorry but that's what i am reading here .. have I understood that wrong ?  

from what i gather is that to get the same benefit as Classic energy i need to take carb fuel & (Revive or Protein Fuel) after the ride ? 

or take Marathon which as far as I remember is a concentrated Classic Energy?
Problem being that its a little to concentrated making the flavor a little too strong.

I have no doubt CarboFuel works well, and i will try it.. but as far as I can tell Classic Energy was better ?

​RIP Classic Energy 

Hi Juddy,

The new marathon is much closer in formulation to Classic Energy.

The sweetness and flavour is also more than 50% lower. Try the new natural citrus and natural passion fruit

So all your concerns are addressed.

In addition, all of our products are now 100% natural. This is a big step and has taken a lot of work to implement in the last 6 months.

Regards,

Jeroen

Hi Jeroen

Are 100km road races and rides more suitable to Carbofuel or to Marathon? Which should I try as a new user - i dont do stage races.