Cadence Nutrition

Hi Guys,

I saw another thread about another company and claims etc. 

Some people were were saying there is no independent peer reviewed research from reputable journals to back nutrition claims.

Ahem…

http://www.cadencenutrition.com/the-science

At Cadence Nutrition we ONLY include ingredients that are validated by solid science.

Thanks for the support.

Jeroen

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Guys,

I saw another thread about another company and claims etc. 

Some people were were saying there is no independent peer reviewed research from reputable journals to back nutrition claims.

Ahem…

http://www.cadencenutrition.com/the-science

At Cadence Nutrition we ONLY include ingredients that are validated by solid science.

Thanks for the support.

Jeroen

Hi Jeroen,

I recently bought some High-5 nutrition as I couldn't get hold of Cadence and I've heard that the "recipe"/fructose:carb concentration are similar. The only real difference is price...

Anyway, what I did find is that some of their products contain caffeine and riding with the caffeinated products did make a difference. My question is what is the intended effect of caffeine in an endurance sports drink and is it something that is on the cards for Cadence?

Thanks!

I have been using the new and improved Carbofuel and I am def enjoying it even more as its less sweet with the same benefits.

I used the Cadence gels for the 1st time y-day in the Bouckaert - Soenen 126km race and I could def feel a kick in perform as soon as I took it. I was even pulling the F/G pack for a while just after taking a gel :clap:

I have used the High5 caffeine & no caffeine gels before as well as the GU gels but I could def feel a difference after I used the Cadence gels :eek:

I will now stick to only cadence products pre race, race and recovery :thumbup:

I have used Revive on the recommendation of a nutritionist at the Cycle lab. My issue was recovery.  I Must say i am very happy. I think there is good stuff in there.

What in your lineup would be the equivalent of 32GI?

I've been using Cadence products for some time now and for me they work. Additionally I love the taste - everything from Carbofuel, Classic, Marathon and Revive - and can't see myself using anything else!

I have used Revive on the recommendation of a nutritionist at the Cycle lab. My issue was recovery.  I Must say i am very happy. I think there is good stuff in there.

I swithced from 32GI to the Cadence carbofuel and its works much better for ME and its cheaper as well :thumbup:

Hi Jeroen,

I recently bought some High-5 nutrition as I couldn't get hold of Cadence and I've heard that the "recipe"/fructose:carb concentration are similar. The only real difference is price...

Anyway, what I did find is that some of their products contain caffeine and riding with the caffeinated products did make a difference. My question is what is the intended effect of caffeine in an endurance sports drink and is it something that is on the cards for Cadence?

Thanks!

Cadence has a separate Caffeine tablet (Espresso Caps) so the idea I gather is to just take those along with your energy drink if you want the additional caffeine kick.

Cadence has a separate Caffeine tablet (Espresso Caps) so the idea I gather is to just take those along with your energy drink if you want the additional caffeine kick.

If you want a real caffeine kick take the cadence energy gels like I mentioned earlier it really kicked me into Contador mode during yesterdays race  :eek:  :P

Hi Jeroen,

Thanks!

Hi Squier,

Caffeine is probably the most ergogenic (performance enhancing) substance that is not WADA prohibited. In fact, it was prohibited for many years and then taken off the list due to the fact that it is just too easy to ingest it accidentally and many athletes were testing positive by accident.

The problem with caffeine is that too much can actually inhibit performance. This normally occurs at doses above 6mg/kg.

In addition, if you have an abnormal heart rhythm it can be a dangerous substance to ingest in high doses.

We therefore only include it in our gels and then separately as our Espresso Caps. 

Athletes can then make a decision on exactly what dose they want to ingest.

Regards,

Jeroen

Hi Jeroen,

Thanks!

On your other point:

There are only 4 brands that I know of that use a scientifically validated carbohydrate formulation:

Cadence Nutrition

Hi-5

Gu

Powerbar

I would recommend any one of those 4 products as they are all equally good.

Although I hope you buy ours. It's cheaper, tastes great and it's an SA product.

And we test for contamination with WADA prohibited substances as well.

Thanks,

Jeroen

Hi IQ,

I'm glad to hear you are enjoying our Revive.

We do not have any product similar to 32GI. 

32GI uses isomaltulose as a primary ingredient. This form of carbohydrate has not been shown to have any benefit. In fact, quite the opposite. The research is quite clear and unequivocal.

http://www.cadencenutrition.com/fact-vs-fiction

If you are looking for a product at a similar price then our CarboFuel would be the choice.

Regards,

Jeroen

Heard that Cadence was bought out and is now owned by USN.

Any truth in this?

USN bought shares in the business.

I bought the shares back.

They have no involvement or relationship with Cadence Nutrition whatsoever at this point.

On your other point:

There are only 4 brands that I know of that use a scientifically validated carbohydrate formulation:

Cadence Nutrition

Hi-5

Gu

Powerbar

I would recommend any one of those 4 products as they are all equally good.

Although I hope you buy ours. It's cheaper, tastes great and it's an SA product.

And we test for contamination with WADA prohibited substances as well.

Thanks,

Jeroen

Thanks Jeroen, I'm a cadence fan but finding it in Pretoria is proving nearly impossible. I was at Hot Spot Cycles this afternoon and they only have Carbo fuel. I'm looking for Marathon (or Classic Energy).

Please help.

Thanks Jeroen, I'm a cadence fan but finding it in Pretoria is proving nearly impossible. I was at Hot Spot Cycles this afternoon and they only have Carbo fuel. I'm looking for Marathon (or Classic Energy).

Please help.

Agree that finding the products (especially full suite) is very difficult.

Is there not a means to order somewhere online?