Stolen Bike Found!!!!

Dean De Jager

I found my friend's customized Raleigh RM8 MTB at TIMBERCITY in Potchefstroom. In the collections area.

It's new not so rightful 'owner' was one of the workers at Timbercity Potchefstroom.

The man claimed to have borrowed the bike from a 'friend' who does not own a cellphone and who's name he strangely cannot remember...

Question... How can you (in 2012) own a R9000 customized bicycle and not own a cellphone...?

My MTB was stolen a while ago.. Finding this bike put a smile on my face...

There is some justice in this country...

not much... and not often.. But some...

Well done!!!!!

Its always good to hear when things go the good guys way for a change.

You should tell the shop owner he employes thieves and you are going to tell all your friends in the area not to go to his shop. He might be inclined to help you find out the truth!!

You should tell the shop owner he employes thieves and you are going to tell all your friends in the area not to go to his shop. He might be inclined to help you find out the truth!!

I'm sure that the owner will know where to look now if he has had any hassles with stock theft...

I found my friend's customized Raleigh RM8 MTB at TIMBERCITY in Potchefstroom. In the collections area.

It's new not so rightful 'owner' was one of the workers at Timbercity Potchefstroom.

The man claimed to have borrowed the bike from a 'friend' who does not own a cellphone and who's name he strangely cannot remember...

Question... How can you (in 2012) own a R9000 customized bicycle and not own a cellphone...?

My MTB was stolen a while ago.. Finding this bike put a smile on my face...

There is some justice in this country...

not much... and not often.. But some...

What did the cops say when you called them? I'm sure they could have jogged his memory a bit.

I agree with this 100% with this.

Not a good idea. Punish the shop owner for his employee's actions?

Not a good idea. Punish the shop owner for his employee's actions?

How would it be punishing the shop owner?

How would it be punishing the shop owner?

By threatening his business with bad mouthing ffs .... A better option would be to approach the shop owner and explain the situation to him, like most of us, more than likely he'd be inclined to help.

If not, well then the next course of action is upto the individual.

Don't let this one go. If telling the shop owner that he employes thieves and, the cops won't do anything, apply some dark alley justice yourself. Sitting back and bitching about it gets us nowhere.

By threatening his business with bad mouthing ffs .... A better option would be to approach the shop owner and explain the situation to him, like most of us, more than likely he'd be inclined to help.

If not, well then the next course of action is upto the individual.

Sorry my bad, but no need to get aggro. I was thinking it would have been fine to just speak to him, no need to bad mouth the business.