Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

Oh man, a chain breaker would be the cherry on the cake here, but they don't want to take all the business away from S. hahaha

I am always hopeful there is someone out there with a breaker with him.

Jokes aside, I think Specialized are currently leading in the innovation/intergration sectors but for how long?

All these small companies are crawling up out of the wood works with very clever idea's.

Keep an eye on OneUp and their new EDC toolkits.

Fits in the steerer tube, has a chain break along with other tools and is cheaper.

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fits in the steerer tube, has a chain break along with other tools and is cheaper.

saw that, and I like it. A lot. 

How would you get them out, normally need an Allen-key to loosed the CAP?

Ever since Specialized dropped the SWAT bomb on the cycling industry I have been quite jealous of folks able to carry integrated tools inside their bikes.

If I rode packless I used to be very limited with the things I carried. I mean a multi tool in the pocket just doesn't work for me because its damn uncomfortable, bouncing round in the rough, I used to just risk it and hope for the best, until today.

There are some very awesome products being releases in the cycling world and it seems tool integration is becoming a big thing, like it should.

This is the All In Multitool.

Ordered from the fantastic okes at allinmultitool.co.za.

You can bet there will be a video.... very soon

Very nice but R 1200 and no chain breaker?

Dunno how it works. 076a7a7e27331f168b597fdd08c58a8d.jpg

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

I have had my eye on the one up site ever since RiRu dropped those spy pics at the opening ews race.

I'm sure I'll get one of those for my Mail Order Monday videos.

Very nice but R 1200 and no chain breaker?

Yeah unfortunately, no chain breaker.

Not a deal breaker to me though, the benefit of having just the tools out weighs the missing breaker. I use the tools way more often than a breaker and I don't mind being "that guy" on the trail who ruins your Strava pb's to bum a chain breaker from riders by.

Remember the Allen bolt and star nut are onlu there to preload the bearings before tightening the stem, so it's not actually a requirement

Unless your stem/headset loosens, which can happen.

I'm really keen to see how this system works.

How would you get them out, normally need an Allen-key to loosed the CAP?

Puzzles me too but like Myles says, the starnut is not that critical and I think it get replaced by another form of bolt that ties it all up. That's the part that gets released with a normal cassette tool. The EDC tool then gets pulled out using that flip-up rubber thingie.

They had videos on MTBR when it was launched at EWS a few weeks back

Unless your stem/headset loosens, which can happen.

I'm really keen to see how this system works.

there are various YouTube videos of it.

Here is one - 

Here is another - 

PS - Wonder why this is not available as a two-piece kit .. to fit into the handlebars.

PPS - there is a bike hack where similar tools are placed inside the seat post .... off course you must be able to get the seat post out to get to the tools.

For now I am happy with a tool bag carrying the spare tubes (I have to carry a 29'' and a 20'' tube) and tools ..... okay, "happy" might not be the best phrase ..... I am considering my options .... I have seen pics of water bottle holders that have "tool-kits" below the holder, would love to see this up close.

Edited by ChrisF

there are various YouTube videos of it.

Here is one - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLZeaOI6i2o

Here is another - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX8n3US3gtI

PS - Wonder why this is not available as a two-piece kit .. to fit into the handlebars.

PPS - there is a bike hack where similar tools are placed inside the seat post .... off course you must be able to get the seat post out to get to the tools.

For now I am happy with a tool bag carrying the spare tubes (I have to carry a 29'' and a 20'' tube) and tools ..... okay, "happy" might not be the best phrase ..... I am considering my options .... I have seen pics of water bottle holders that have "tool-kits" below the holder, would love to see this up close.

Nice.

These guys have some sharp ideas going there.

I am intrigued by the 47tooth sprocket at the end of the second video. Could be a great upgrade to make all these Shimano 11-42 cassettes really functional.