Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

How do you double check something in Swellendam when you live in JHB. He even had additional photo's on request. The give away to me was that he was so demanding about a deposit. He said "all business deals must be based on trust", and that is just not true. The majority of business deals are based on a contract or at least protected by law or possibly even risk to reputation.

I am still so fired up about this, there must be something more one can do?

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you double check something in Swellendam when you live in JHB. He even had additional photo's on request. The give away to me was that he was so demanding about a deposit. He said "all business deals must be based on trust", and that is just not true. The majority of business deals are based on a contract or at least protected by law or possibly even risk to reputation.

I am still so fired up about this, there must be something more one can do?

If you have google chrome, have the picure open in google chrome, right click on the picture and "search google for this image" you will find posts and pictures related to that picture, you will be able to see where else the user has posted the ad or if the picture was just pulled off the net. Same applies for users provided details, a google search will show all related to it.

Someone should start a thread "how to avoid or spot a scam" where we can post tips to avoid or spot a scam.

All I had done was book a provisional air ticket and had made a car rental booking. Fortunately I could cancel both. I had even drawn the cash to take with me. So in all I lost out on some bank charges. My wife on the other hand was completely committed to the purchase and wanted to make upfront payment.

Has another angle of the same bike, even has the same tag on it and you can see the snow far more clearly (I found it on goggle images).

These scams are apparently all over the net and make second hand purchases/sales almost impossible!

http://thumbs2.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/mFnIMT9iYeK-jQGwgMgzBBg.jpg

Prices are a dead give away as to a scam...

Guest Omega Man

I paid R825 for a BEARING yesterday. 1 bearing.

I paid R825 for a BEARING yesterday. 1 bearing.

Chris King hub service. Gulp.

:eek: :eek: thats the price of a front hope hub new :eek: .. redonkulous !

:eek:

Guest Omega Man

R800 for 1 Chris king proprietary bearing for a wheel hub?

Yup. Crazy hey?