CrossFit

Anyone doing / done CrossFit training in the off season for strength and endurance, or even during the season for a bit of cross training? If so, your thoughts? did it help with your cycling / running / swimming?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I run a bit. Helps clear the mind and takes less time than cycling. Helps make the rides more fun as you aren't riding as much.

Should also help with cycling but the best bet would be to cycle more if you want to get cycling fit.

Considering the fact that CrossFit is a total body workout and has nothing to do with running, I reckon it will help you immensely, as upper body and core strength seem to be key for cycling. Me I'm too old, but my Chiro highly recommends it.

I actually do CrossFit training 4 times per week for strength training and it has helped my cycling tremendously, so wanted to see if anyone else is doing it and if they have seen the benefits. CAAD4, too old? Doubt it, crossfit training is also all about your own ability and doing it at your pace.

I throw my own tyres around the yard when working on the cars so don't see the point to pay someone do this in their gym. :)

The top cross fit guys are very fit.

Where do you do it ?

I will consider it , only if I can wear a Tapout shirt :devil:

Anyways, I wish I had the time for it, between running, cycling, karate and photography I have zero time :(

I actually do CrossFit training 4 times per week for strength training and it has helped my cycling tremendously, so wanted to see if anyone else is doing it and if they have seen the benefits. CAAD4, too old? Doubt it, crossfit training is also all about your own ability and doing it at your pace.

Maybe not. The way I understood it was a modern day version of a Military opv*k in a group that also included woman. They insisted on a minimum 6 month contract. Sure to make you strong though....

@Dangle - is that you with the Tapout T-Shirt doing what looks like upright barbell rows ???

@Dangle - is that you with the Tapout T-Shirt doing what looks like upright barbell rows ???

LOL, no luckily not.

My mate imports Sprawl, which has some very highly technical fighting shorts and we often joke about the okes walking around in Tapout shirts wanting to look mean :D

My girlfriends brother does coaching/training for crossfit and trains a lot of the MMA guys that were on ETV the other night as well as a number of top end mountain bikers. He works out of sunninghill so if anyone wants his details then pm me.