2012 94.7

Agteros

anyone flying up from CPT? it is my first 94.7 - and am only landing on Saturday morning... should be fun. Am nervous re the route. If I did a 3:30 Argus this year, what time should I aim for at the 94.7?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

anyone flying up from CPT? it is my first 94.7 - and am only landing on Saturday morning... should be fun. Am nervous re the route. If I did a 3:30 Argus this year, what time should I aim for at the 94.7?

Nervous? about what? that route can be done on bmx...relax, you will be fine

Just watch out for the altitude,I did it last year and thought I was about to have a heart attack when we got to Witkoppen road.I soon realised it was the altitude but it knocked me badly.

I doubt whether I will do it in a hurry again.

I'm riding this year in aid of a Children's Foundation, so starting in the charity bunch on the single speed and stopping off regularly for beers!!

Just watch out for the altitude,I did it last year and thought I was about to have a heart attack when we got to Witkoppen road.I soon realised it was the altitude but it knocked me badly.

Just take some EPO, it should help the blood to carry more oxygen to counter-act the thinner air ;)

Here bru.

2 rides a week of 90 minutes, medium intensity.

A Saturday ride of 120 minutes, medium to hard effort.

Sunday ride at 180 minutes with very light spinning gears and low heart rate.

Do this for the next few months and you will breeze through it.

Obviously if you want more specific efforts, stuff like hill repeats and sprints can be incorporated.

I'm hoping to get by on 1 ride per week (2-3 hour ride on a Saturday or Sunday)

6 weeks done, how many left to go??

I'm riding this year in aid of a Children's Foundation, so starting in the charity bunch on the single speed and stopping off regularly for beers!!

Have done it twice and it's been 2 of the best experiences

Ok, so maybe I am jumping the gun here, but when do we get our starting group and times?

I am guessing just after entries close, but when is that?

yup, altitude is bad if you try race the day after you get to JHB. if possible, get here a week early so your body can adjust.

yup, altitude is bad if you try race the day after you get to JHB. if possible, get here a week early so your body can adjust.

damn, that's not going to work then... :-) maybe if I don't breath in my body won't notice the altitude.. :whistling:

Doing this years road race on the mtb with nobbies - While pushing for a sub 3 :whistling:

You should challenge yourself, I mean a sub 3 ?? That's nothing for somebody with your talent.

A sub 2:45 would be a little more challenging & you'd break a sweat :thumbup: :thumbup:

You should challenge yourself, I mean a sub 3 ?? That's nothing for somebody with your talent.

A sub 2:45 would be a little more challenging & you'd break a sweat :thumbup: :thumbup:

Haha we'll see how much a had to drink the night before the event.

Some seem to think its actually better to arive the day before instead of 3-4 days. For some reason (which I dont know what) the body actually copes better. Can't find the article where I've seen this but that was the just of it.

Ok, so maybe I am jumping the gun here, but when do we get our starting group and times? I am guessing just after entries close, but when is that?

Ummmmm....not after entries close only, but after all the seeding races are done..quite a few still to come..