WHO REALLY WON THE 2012 EPIC ?

bassasdaindia

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Concur, as well as I don't believe everything I read in magazines, especially the local ones.

Damb right and especially not the above mentioned mag ............. ooh did I say that out loud .

So what outside assistance? take a jacket??

Sounds a bit like a ruffle under the duvet and an arm pops out from under the bed giving you en effie.

Outside assistance is outside assistance. David and Kevin probably didn't want to look like complainers, but its not about that. The penalty should have been given without David and Kevin having to go and ask for it.

Either way its against the rules.

Haven't seen one of these in a while.

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Society/Pix/pictures/2010/4/21/1271861774568/Crying-Baby-001.jpg

Cool, next time I want a car to drop me off 2km from the finish. Rules aren't relevant mos then?

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Society/Pix/pictures/2010/4/21/1271861774568/Crying-Baby-001.jpg

Its not about being a cry baby,I really could not care less if the it was God himself. Say what you like, but the rules are the rules.

Cool, next time I want a car to drop me off 2km from the finish. Rules aren't relevant mos then?

You are all having a semi because of what was printed "second hand news" in a local cycling rag.

I will say it again, cry me a river.

How much really goes on behind your backs you don't know about.

rules are rules :

if a sprinter holds on to a vehicle up a hill,and we know he is over 1 hr behind the front climbers on the hill and has no way of catching them and then gets penalised,those are the rules and the pro's know the rules

wether he has benefited for the next day or not he has benefited

rules are rules :

if a sprinter holds on to a vehicle up a hill,and we know he is over 1 hr behind the front climbers on the hill and has no way of catching them and then gets penalised,those are the rules and the pro's know the rules

wether he has benefited for the next day or not he has benefited

No problem with that, but the media is the media.

You are all having a semi because of what was printed "second hand news" in a local cycling rag.

I will say it again, cry me a river.

How much really goes on behind your backs you don't know about.

Just says so much about the integrity of the Pros & the sport.

If kevin and David "found" their raincoats lying on the side of the road after they "blew" out of the team cars window I'm sure they would have picked them up and Burry and Christoff or anyone else would not have said anything either.

That stage was ridiculous in the wet, and regardless of rules the safety of the riders must overrule. When I say safety that includes putting the health of riders in jeopardy.

It was raining at the start...granted... but only later near water point two was it so freezing that a huge number of competitors pulled out due to hypothermia. Elite athletes have extraordinary low fat percentages and can easily fall fate to this. Unless you were there..and riding...I don't think you can pass comment about wether or not Burry needed a jacket, the fact that K&D could not take jackets is another issue altogether.

Could you imagine the headlines and disaster for the race if the headline read "Epic Comm denies clothing - Podium teams hospitalized"