Tour de France 2012

'Dale

Who will win the 2012 Tour de France?  

328 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win The 2012 Tour De France?

• Cadel Evans
    • Frank Schleck
    • Bradley Wiggins
    • Jurgen van der Broeck
    • Levi Leipheimer
    • Robert Gesink
    • Vincenzo Nibali
    • Alejandro Valverde
    • Other (please specify)

Dont' you have a plain too catch? gramer natsi?

LOL, only tomorrow.

But I am just gloating, I spoke so much crap that it's all becoming a reality.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Selfless performance of the day? Van Garderen aiding his floundering teammate Evans through the last few kilometres. The American was looking much the stronger and had to sit with Evans while his rival for the white jersey, Pinot, was up the road. Without a doubt!

He was just doing what he is contracted and paid to do...

Gotta love twitter :)

@nyvelocity: Are Wiggo and Froome's ladies feuding? https://t.co/2giS4hGv

@nyvelocity: What's it mean when I like the Tour twitter commentary of the Real House Skives better than the other commentary?

So glad to see Nibs attack and then attack again, especiallya after yesterday's attempt as well.

He is looking mighty strong.

Up to 3rd, awesome!

Tejay was impressive and so too Rolland (winning despite a crash) and Pinot - the new generation.

Froome did a strange flying attack at some point and left his captain isolated - strange. What a talent!

What a Tour. :-)

Edited by ' Dale

Classic:

Via // JVA

"Wonder if Wiggins and Froome's star couple name will be "Friggins" or "Woome". Woome sounds cozier..."

That was like watching a bar fight - you never knew where the next punch was coming from! Even Froome had a dip at the end.

Best TdF stage for years!

Nibs had a great day out, looked very in control and played his cards well. I always said he can podium and now he sits third, I recon he can still do one better.

I never expected Cadel to fade so badly today, but the acceleration by Nibs and the chase by Froome showed who are the main contenders this year.

I see Cadel says he made a mistake yesterday by not joining Nibs on the descent to try and stay away, - Hmm,....maybe he thinks he missed a chance for an alliance?...anyway too late now, and I think Jurgen and Nibs will work together to improve their standings overall, but I still think Wiggo is the guy to beat, even if they let Froome free, he still has over two minutes, thats a fairly comfortable buffer with a TT coming up.

Selfless performance of the day? Van Garderen aiding his floundering teammate Evans through the last few kilometres. The American was looking much the stronger and had to sit with Evans while his rival for the white jersey, Pinot, was up the road.

True, Van Garderen was looking very strong, maybe they will let him try for a stage win now that Cadel is pretty much out of it.

I want to start a "free froomie" movement... Who'se with me?

All we are saaaying, is give froome a chance...

Legs must be hurting but more pain today with 2 category 1 climbs, first coming quite soon in the race.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5iVCuSwo7dXVHj2BLocZt1uofXbSg?docId=CNG.0ab1d7a34a10bbae73a28aa488b9531b.731

"No, I follow orders at all costs. I'm part of the team and I have to do what the team asks me to do.... Bradley is just as strong as me and stronger than me in the time-trials."

Wiggins later said it had been Sky's plan to allow Froome some freedom.

"This morning we were planning on Cadel still being there and Chris maybe making the 21 seconds up to move to second on GC because Chris wasn't 100% confident he'd get the better of Cadel in the last time-trial," he said.

But here's another take:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/othersports/article-2172645/Tour-France-2012-Bradley-Wiggins-asserts-grip-yellow-jersey.html

As for Wiggins, his explanation of why he was left behind when Froome attacked will not convince his rivals, who will sense that the Pyrenean stages next week will give them another opportunity. Naturally, Wiggins cannot be expected to admit that he was struggling but he contradicted himself in the space of just three questions.

‘At that moment I was just really concentrating on my effort and keeping it constant,’ Wiggins said. ‘I didn’t want to make an acceleration but there was a lot of noise, a lot of things going on the radio at that point, a bit of confusion as to what we were doing.’

Not quite as much confusion surely as that fostered by his later answer — ‘I don’t know who called Chris back. I didn’t have a radio in at that point. My earpiece had fallen out.’

The real hero's in this tour are the lads that ride themselves into oblivion for their team, I forget his name now, but the lad from Europcar who put the hurt into so many big names to help Rolland to win the day, he rode like a superstar! He was my hero of the day. Wiggens gesture to Nibali on the line was also nice to see.

We all forget that Froome is there to ride for Wiggens like it or not, he is a true professional and we should all maybe not get too caught up with what is happening at Sky, his time will come and when he wins this thing he would have done the right way. He has earned respect this year from the entire peloton and fans.

Man oh man Le Tour is great again!

The real hero's in this tour are the lads that ride themselves into oblivion for their team, I forget his name now, but the lad from Europcar who put the hurt into so many big names to help Rolland to win the day, he rode like a superstar! He was my hero of the day. Wiggens gesture to Nibali on the line was also nice to see.

We all forget that Froome is there to ride for Wiggens like it or not, he is a true professional and we should all maybe not get too caught up with what is happening at Sky, his time will come and when he wins this thing he would have done the right way. He has earned respect this year from the entire peloton and fans.

Man oh man Le Tour is great again!

Christophe Kern.