Tour de France 2012

'Dale

Who will win the 2012 Tour de France?  

328 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win The 2012 Tour De France?

• Cadel Evans
    • Frank Schleck
    • Bradley Wiggins
    • Jurgen van der Broeck
    • Levi Leipheimer
    • Robert Gesink
    • Vincenzo Nibali
    • Alejandro Valverde
    • Other (please specify)

We will know this afternoon after the Radioshack press release if Andy is going to ride. Doesn't look like it. Rumours have it that he is out for almost 2 months.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed - looked awesome on tour of cali

His name is added a few days ago.

He is a true contender.

I like Gesink. He still has to show he can perform on a big stage - up to now he has been less impressive in Grand Tours. It would be nice if he performs. I think he will lose time in the TTs, though.

Yeah, I think Team Sky is the best prepared team.

But that's the map.

Now for the terrain. Real racing over 3 weeks.

Come on, 30 June. :clap:

Don't be surprised if they have 3 riders under the top 10 at the end of the Tour.

Looking more and more like a 2 horse race. Though by the form of Rolland he may sneak into top 5. If u remember Rolland was the one waiting for Voekler in the mountains most of the time.

Though by the form of Rolland he may sneak into top 5. If u remember Rolland was the one waiting for Voekler in the mountains most of the time.

Mentioned him as a top 5 a page or three ago...

I still say the Chris Froome may podium this year . Its a very strong possibility as I don't think he rode his heart out at the Dauphine

Who, this oke?

AvRK8mKCAAEAEa7.jpg

Wiggins peaked just at the right time during the Dauphine...

Well that would be the worst planning by a team their coaches and the athlete for a very long time... "oh ***, we did the maths wrong, who let Pollock work it all out!"

Cycling | Tour de France

Andy Schleck © Gallo Images

Schleck out of Tour de France - reports

13 June 2012, 12:13

Luxembourg's Andy Schleck is pulling out of the Tour de France due to injury, local media reported on Wednesday.

Luxembourg media reported that Schleck, who was handed the 2010 Tour de France title after original winner Alberto Contador failed a drugs test, had suffered a sacral fracture in his lower spine.

Schleck, who was second overall in last year's race, has endured a mediocre season and retired from last week's Criterium du Dauphine after crashing in the individual time trial stage.

The 27-year-old is scheduled to hold a news conference in Luxembourg at 1400 GMT (1600 CAT, SA) on Wednesday.

|Im sad Andy wont ride the Tour.. Because now all his fans will say "so and so only won because Andy wasnt riding"

At least it will make the Vulta quite a showdown

post-1279-0-98136800-1339593882.jpg