Tour de France 2012

'Dale

Who will win the 2012 Tour de France?  

328 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win The 2012 Tour De France?

• Cadel Evans
    • Frank Schleck
    • Bradley Wiggins
    • Jurgen van der Broeck
    • Levi Leipheimer
    • Robert Gesink
    • Vincenzo Nibali
    • Alejandro Valverde
    • Other (please specify)

So, who caused the crash? Because it looks like Robbie Hunter was one of the first to go down. And I believe the Cav was just behind Robbie. It looked to me like Robbies front wheel touched the back wheel of the rider he followed. But I have only seen 2 slow motion replays of the incident.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, who caused the crash? Because it looks like Robbie Hunter was one of the first to go down. And I believe the Cav was just behind Robbie. It looked to me like Robbies front wheel touched the back wheel of the rider he followed.

Sky's Bernie Eisel took responsibility for losing his wheel.

Robbie tweeted about a manhole cover that led to someone losing a front wheel.

:-(

Edited by Puncheur

Admin. any reason why i cant attach pics of the tour to a reply using my tablet? Laptop is back in SA.

So, who caused the crash? Because it looks like Robbie Hunter was one of the first to go down. And I believe the Cav was just behind Robbie. It looked to me like Robbies front wheel touched the back wheel of the rider he followed. But I have only seen 2 slow motion replays of the incident.

Robbie was definitely second down, but wins the prize for most spectacular fall of the incident.

Robbie was definitely second down, but wins the prize for most spectacular fall of the incident.

I saw pics somewhere of his broken 'bars and frame...

:-(

Sagan also had a close call with the crash:

Sagan had an even more impressive escape, with the former mountainbike rider showing his skills in steering out of trouble. Cavendish and others fell right in front of him, but Sagan was able to haul on the brakes, turn the bike almost completely sideways, manoeuvre his way around those who were on the ground and then get back into contention for the sprint.

That most likely cost him energy compared to those who were not close to the fall. He crossed the line fifth behind André Greipel (Lotto Belisol Team), Alessandro Petacchi (Lampre – ISD), Tom Veelers (Argos-Shimano) and Matt Goss (Orica GreenEdge), and added to his points haul.

How many times has Robbie hit the deck this year? Hectic! The oke is tough though.

Sagan also had a close call with the crash:

Sagan had an even more impressive escape, with the former mountainbike rider showing his skills in steering out of trouble. Cavendish and others fell right in front of him, but Sagan was able to haul on the brakes, turn the bike almost completely sideways, manoeuvre his way around those who were on the ground and then get back into contention for the sprint.

That most likely cost him energy compared to those who were not close to the fall. He crossed the line fifth behind André Greipel (Lotto Belisol Team), Alessandro Petacchi (Lampre – ISD), Tom Veelers (Argos-Shimano) and Matt Goss (Orica GreenEdge), and added to his points haul.

From AFP:

"After a crash, I had to change my bicycle. I broke my chain," said the Liquigas rider.

"I'm very happy when I win. Today it was a finish for strong riders and I have very good legs."

Edited by Tumbleweed

The GC dudes will just wanna keep it safe.

Impressive to see how BMC is way upfront keeping Cadel out of trouble.

Must admit that the final 10km stretches to the finish have been wild this year!

http://timesofindia....ow/14682099.cms

BMC deflect Evans from crash carnage again

Edited by Tumbleweed

Cool, thanks. Have noticed guys sitting behind a car for longer than I would've thought legal..

The race commissaires fine the riders that spend too long behind a team car. There are many rules that are enforced through fines, but teams choose to pay rather than risk losing time.

Have a read here: Fines a cost of operating in Tour de France

http://www.cyclingnews.com/blogs/inner-ring/fines-a-cost-of-operating-in-tour-de-france

How many times has Robbie hit the deck this year? Hectic! The oke is tough though.

The last was the most impressive, and he acknowledged that too!

Robbie Hunter@RobbieHunter

That's was my tuck and roll, intended run then when that never worked in cycling shoes I did the tuck and roll again!

Robbie Hunter@RobbieHunter

Think I'm gonna ask for a raise! Been creating some serious entertainment for the fans! :)

Who is this fine mademoiselle? Sorry Sagan, chicks dig yellow!

post-25309-0-80772300-1341464502.jpg

Edited by Androni Giocattoli