Lance Armstrong Banned and Stripped of TDF Titles

101SCC

Hmm, it seems LA may yet have some court cases to fight.

SCA promotions have issued notice they will seek a refund of the $7.5 Million dollar bonus they paid him in 2006, and the US POSTAL service has said it will examine the case and decide if they will seek repayment of the 10's of millions paid to LA and the team over the course of their sponsorship, as tax payers money was involved the US government will back any legal claim by US Postal services, LA will be hard pressed to defend and its suggested other sponsors may do likewise. Time will tell.

Even though he is part owner of the RadioShack team he is also now barred from any team owner credentials at the TDF and other sanctioned races.

Its suggested that even though he is a wealthy man, he may be hard pressed to spend his way out of the possible law suits should everyone demand their sponsorship money back. :eek:

http://www.nydailynews.com/lance-armstrong-stripped-tour-de-france-titles-lifetime-ban-olympic-sports-drops-doping-appeal-article-1.1143295

Edited by GrumpyOldGuy

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its suggested that even though he is a wealthy man, he may be hard pressed to spend his way out of the possible law suits should everyone demand their sponsorship money back. :eek:

Yip. Poor old Flandis is gonna go bankrupt just paying back the half a bar he stole, I reckon Lance is gonna be at debtors court right behind him.

Pricks, both of em.

Should have just come clean a long time ago. Like I said earlier, Lance could have got away with a much smaller sanction if he didn't buy his way out of the original Tour De Suisse positive. Wanker.

Assuming the tour and other races are all stripped, then 2nd place gets the win by default, and 3rd goes to second etc. ironic if someone with previous or current ban gets elevated. Just a messy outcome.

Wonder if he has to give back all those cute lions that he won?

At the risk of repeating something that's been said in the last 60 pages ...

It's not Lance who loses here (though I'm behind him - this whole thing smacks of McCarthyism).

Obviously, cycling loses. How many more stupid comments are we going to have to hear from non-cyclists?

Second, I think it has the potential to destroy the TdF. What point will there be to the race? Every single winner will be in doubt.

I think everything's got out of hand. Cycling must be the most tested sport of all, and the poor buggers can't even take Vicks Medi-nite if they've got a cold. All bloody silly. Very, very silly.

@leturbo

Good to read your chirps again, man.

I feel like The Jens:

"I just hope that it's finally going to actually come to an end," Voigt said before the stage 5 start in Breckenridge. "I mean we're probably not going to solve everything with the trial of it, but I just hope it comes to an end so we can actually – not start fresh – but, OK, now we draw a line where that is the past and we just let it rest in peace now.

Howzit Puncheur (and other regulars)!

Ja, missing the Hub - only have 3G right now, waiting for my ADSL. All very expensive, which I could be spending on my babies.

I hope everyone's keeping well?

Howzit Puncheur (and other regulars)!

Ja, missing the Hub - only have 3G right now, waiting for my ADSL. All very expensive, which I could be spending on my babies.

I hope everyone's keeping well?

Well, the flavours of the month here are:

Lance vs USADA

The rough winter - in the north and south.

Should Burry rather ride a 27.5 incher?

Argus entries open in a week.

:devil:

Edited by puncheur

Should have just come clean a long time ago. Like I said earlier, Lance could have got away with a much smaller sanction if he didn't buy his way out of the original Tour De Suisse positive. Wanker.

Allegedly :ph34r:

It's funny how people with no real proof (like yourself and others on this here forum) can make such heartfelt and "sincere" judgements on people (this applies to the pro- and the anti-) Thank goodness none of you have to serve on a jury. :D

there is only one thing for certain, you/we love to ride y/our bike/s, so go out and do that.

Once again, 150 Watts of Awesome sums it up well with her post: http://150wattsofawesome.blogspot.com/2012/08/lance-armstrong-applies-for-martyr_24.html

Even in his death throes, Lance continues to cheat me out of the truth. Is he guilty? Is he innocent? I don't know, and I really really wanted to hear the evidence against him so that I could form a proper opinion, and not base it on media sensationalism and random tweets. Much like his "I never tested positive" one liner, his new mantra is going to be - "I was never found guilty".

Damn you Lance.

How am I ever going to explain this mess to people who only watch cycling once a year for 3 weeks?

I'm intriqued as to the precedent that this ruling sets. Let's assume that all Lance's titles go to the second placed riders. All that is required to strip them of their tiltles would be for the ex teammates to say that they saw that second placed rider doping and that they are willing to testify as such. This could be a merry go round of note.

Edited by River Rat

Once again, 150 Watts of Awesome sums it up well with her post: http://150wattsofawe...-martyr_24.html

Even in his death throes, Lance continues to cheat me out of the truth. Is he guilty? Is he innocent? I don't know, and I really really wanted to hear the evidence against him so that I could form a proper opinion, and not base it on media sensationalism and random tweets. Much like his "I never tested positive" one liner, his new mantra is going to be - "I was never found guilty".

Damn you Lance.

How am I ever going to explain this mess to people who only watch cycling once a year for 3 weeks?

Like I said a few pages back. Saying you were never caught is a world away from saying you never did it.

Thank goodness none of you have to serve on a jury. :D

there is only one thing for certain, you/we love to ride y/our bike/s, so go out and do that.

A: A jury makes up it's mind on the evidence presented to them. That's all we're doing. Lance could save all the presumption, and tell us the truth.

B: I'm not allowed on the road until at least the 5th of September.

Yip. Poor old Flandis is gonna go bankrupt just paying back the half a bar he stole, I reckon Lance is gonna be at debtors court right behind him.

Pricks, both of em.

Do you actually know what transpired at the Tour de Suisse?? Do you know how the supposed positive test became an issue?? Do you know there was a new test that made comparison to the original a farce??

Again you guys... so full of opinions that you picked up from the, to quote you fine words "pricks" [sic]... I suggest again that you do some reading

GO Lance GO!!! :clap: :clap:

A: A jury makes up it's mind on the evidence presented to them. That's all we're doing. Lance could save all the presumption, and tell us the truth.

B: I'm not allowed on the road until at least the 5th of September.

Were you banned for doping? :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: