Lance Armstrong Banned and Stripped of TDF Titles

101SCC

as opposed to any clean grand tour winner? Still, 5 grand tour wins... now thats exceptional...

Are there any exceptional cyclists then?? Merckx, Hinault, Indurain, Armsyringe?

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

or anyone here - but not really exceptional... 5 grand tour wins I think could be considered exceptional

Heaven forbid, but he will probably end up with exactly that. The WADA Statutes of Limitations state that sanctions cannot be applied more than 8 years after the event. Bjarne Riis was stripped of his TdF titel when he admitted to doping but was reinstated by CAS because of the SOL.

Nah, not buying in to it.

not buying what? that lance only ever placed 38th, and that hundreds of riders have done better than that, and yet you still want to claim him as exceptional?

Hell, he'd still give anyone here a hiding, but thats hardly a consideration of an exceptional cyclist.

Out of interest, why do you define him as an exceptional cyclist?

not buying what? that lance only ever placed 38th, and that hundreds of riders have done better than that, and yet you still want to claim him as exceptional?

Hell, he'd still give anyone here a hiding, but thats hardly a consideration of an exceptional cyclist.

Sorry pal, your hatred is clouding your clarity.

But why do I rate him, he was the best of the dopers with or without drugs still an exceptional athlete.

Why do you rate Contador ?

Edited by Dangle

It is quite subjective - for example compared to me - you are an exceptional cyclist. Whereas my girlfriend thinks im an exceptional cyclist (she doesnt really but as an example)

I think only cyclist can understand the demands of a race like that. I was a youtube clip of some american sports show with some muscle bound guy as the anchor. The topic of lance ect came up and he said he would only be able to do ahlf of what lance did at the TdF ... half...really from someone who lookslike they dont know d1ck about cycling.

You can only really use that limitation if the "hundreds of cyclists" were clean... and not old.

The statement re Argust... Where's the proof...

At some point I can see LA stand up and say, of course where he knows he was not or no proof, proof it or I hold you liable...

G

Source and evidence....here we go again eek.gif

It is quite subjective - for example compared to me - you are an exceptional cyclist. Whereas my girlfriend thinks im an exceptional cyclist (she doesnt really but as an example)

I think only cyclist can understand the demands of a race like that. I was a youtube clip of some american sports show with some muscle bound guy as the anchor. The topic of lance ect came up and he said he would only be able to do ahlf of what lance did at the TdF ... half...really from someone who lookslike they dont know d1ck about cycling.

The real comical thing behind all this, and you mention that only a cyclist will understand the demands of a race like that, is that most of them don't.

I will guarantee you that most of then can't even finish 7 Cape Epics in a row with drugs, let alone a three week tour .

For interest sake, could great sprinters like Cavendish, Sagan, etc be on dope? Just wondering...

Well let's rather ask, why not.

all juiced up? It is reported that he was doping for ironman as well...

Ja nee in all honestly no - knowing now that he almost certainly was on the juice for his tri's as well - - no I wouldn't want to watch it. But believing / hoping he wasn't it would have been good to watch.

I can live with those contradictions.

I can already hear that Beatles tune in my head......All we are saying is give Lance a Chance.

John Lennon & the Plastic Ono Band*?

(*like a powerbalance band but with more hair & the faint smell of cannabis)

Edited by Joe Low

I think i read it in the USADA report. I know I read it somewhere, but cant remember offhand

Hehe... is that like i thought i saw next weeks lotto numbers last night...but damned if i'm going to share it with you all if i can remember what they are...

When you find it... i bet its hearsay

not really... his best tour de france finish was 38th place...

Not a popular point to make right now and pls not being offered as a denfence, but if you read the

affidavits (rather than USADA's re-telling of them in their "reasoned decision") of Levi, Frankie, Tyler etc al it is very very clear that all the top contenders were doing the same stuff - so disingenuous to pretend his performances on the juice were not still impressive in relative terms..

The popular answer to that is he spent more / did more drugs etc - but that would be really naive to think. The top guys on other teams were taking every advantage they could legal or not - and many also worked with Ferrari as well...

Edited by dracs

In all honesty.... He did win 7 TDF's, he was there and did it, he sweated and kakked so much he can still feel those victories, its documented on TV and millions enjoyed watching it, hell we even met (on the hub because of him).... and they can delete them all in the record books.... but he still did it....

The real comical thing behind all this, and you mention that only a cyclist will understand the demands of a race like that, is that most of them don't.

I will guarantee you that most of then can't even finish 7 Cape Epics in a row with drugs, let alone a three week tour .

True that - not all cyclists but I know after riding one tonner two weeks ago there was no ways i was cycling the next day let alone another 200kms. Drungs or no drugs ....... I think if you are a professional athlete it would make you exceptional (as an athlete ) in your code. Whether he was one of the greatest - that is another thing.