Lance Armstrong Banned and Stripped of TDF Titles

101SCC

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My opinion, leave him alone. What is done is done. Why bother - hulle krap obviously waar dit nie jeuk nie - let bygones be bygones! seriously! they are acting up like old women with wet pants.... seriously!

They only getting started now,lots more to come.

I have a big bowl of popcorn for this show.

They only getting started now,lots more to come.

I have a big bowl of popcorn for this show.

Yip and I get the feeling that Team Sky are firmly in their sights.

Firstly I'm not a man, my name let's you know

Secondly, I do waaayyy too often.

Surfer chickie and wonder woman - would you mind too much to give a brief description of how you two lovely ladies look - the thought of this fight heating up between the 2 of you is getting all of us l@ds a little excited - :w00t:

A summary - Feel free to add or subtract

1) I think there is enough proof that Lance is a lying, bribing, threatening, cheating ex great athlete

2)The UCI knew about the doping but were bribed or threatened into not revealing it :cursing:

3)USADA-- Good on you for having the guts to pursue this when the UCI obviously was not too interested :thumbup:

4)Lance made millions by cheating his way to the top and deprived other good athletes of a possible tour win or money.

5)Chris Carmichael with your groot boepens and your salt free low fat diet --Go screw yourself !

BRING ON THE DRUGS!

I believe that you might find point 4 is where all of this falls apart. How far down the finishers list would you have to go find a true winner?

I think there is a lot more pain coming before the sport of cycling can move forward and what makes it worse is that I'm not sure that USADA is concerned about it. Granted the fortunes of cycling is not USADA's mandate but put yourself in UCI's shoes what do they do now if the strip Armstrong and go to the second placed rider all that is required is for some of that rider's teammates to state that they saw him take drugs and the merry go round starts all over.

The only way that UCI can bring back credibility to this sport for me is to effectively have something akin to a truth and reconciliation process. Something that I doubt USADA will support unless they hold sway over the outcome which effectively means that the future of cycling lies in the hands of USADA.

I believe that you might find point 4 is where all of this falls apart. How far down the finishers list would you have to go find a true winner?

I think there is a lot more pain coming before the sport of cycling can move forward and what makes it worse is that I'm not sure that USADA is concerned about it. Granted the fortunes of cycling is not USADA's mandate but put yourself in UCI's shoes what do they do now if the strip Armstrong and go to the second placed rider all that is required is for some of that rider's teammates to state that they saw him take drugs and the merry go round starts all over.

The only way that UCI can bring back credibility to this sport for me is to effectively have something akin to a truth and reconciliation process. Something that I doubt USADA will support unless they hold sway over the outcome which effectively means that the future of cycling lies in the hands of USADA.

My understanding is that for the Lance years there won't be a winner but just a blank. I'll try find the graphic showing the known dopers in the top 10. (found it)

post-32242-0-46049800-1350031748_thumb.jpg

Edited by jcza

My understanding is that for the Lance years there won't be a winner but just a blank. I'll try find the graphic showing the known dopers in the top 10.

Yeah, thats what I understood as well.

Personally after the release of the USADA's document, I cant see the UCI not stripping the titles, they would be instantly seen as complicit with the scandal and the allegations of bribes and gifts would be seen as all too real and true.

So, Yeah, I am almost 100% sure the UCI will back USADA's case and the positions will remain blank.

My understanding is that for the Lance years there won't be a winner but just a blank. I'll try find the graphic showing the known dopers in the top 10. (found it)

Should make for some interesting reading but watch that list grow when you add to list in terms of those simply accused by other cyclists but not necessarily caught in terms of testing.

To the folks who have gone through the USADA report in detail, have any previously unheard of *NEW positive test results been revealed, confirmed?

*New, meaning ones that were never suggested / revealed /discussed before the USADA report was issued i.e. excluding the Tour of Switzerland, LeEquipe epo, shammy cream, 2009 / 2010 comeback blood values, ect… ones

To the folks who have gone through the USADA report in detail, have any previously unheard of *NEW positive test results been revealed, confirmed?

*New, meaning ones that were never suggested / revealed /discussed before the USADA report was issued i.e. excluding the Tour of Switzerland, LeEquipe epo, shammy cream, 2009 / 2010 comeback blood values, ect… ones

I also can't see anything new. But then again I only skimmed through it.

That's been my line of thinking here as well.

They should have thought of the athlete before the sport when this all started, it's a bit late now. Where is it going to leave the world of cycling and the athletes now if this whole can of worms really does come to the surface.

How far will they go?

It might be good if they do start making the race organisers realise that humans can only push so far and things need to change but money makes the world go around, is that ever really going to happen?

The organisers, the teams, the sponsors and the riders themselves will all have to take major pay cuts.

Should make for some interesting reading but watch that list grow when you add to list in terms of those simply accused by other cyclists but not necessarily caught in terms of testing.

Hmm, Yeah, with regards American riders I think any accusation will be investigated and charges brought forward, the USADA is a well funded and well run organisation with a zero tolerance policy with regards to any transgressions.

The problem is of course other federations may not see things in the same light and may not be so aggressive in their follow up of any accusation.

nope - its pretty much all the same stuff that we've heard before, but corroborated by multiple witnesses

“It’s pretty damning stuff. It is pretty jaw-dropping the amount of people who have testified against him,” Wiggins told Sky News on Thursday. “It is certainly not a one-sided hatchet job, it is pretty damning. I am shocked at the scale of the evidence.

From velonews.