Lance Armstrong Banned and Stripped of TDF Titles

101SCC

Yes, that's why riders use it, and why it's banned by WADA and the UCI, because it has no benefit to them. Usually I like Jaco's comments, but this is just plain drivel.

Edit: And to be certain, by "riders" I mean TDF/protour guys, not the local Vets circuit.

I need to discourage others using it :whistling: I want the advantage all to myself :devil:

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I need to discourage others using it :whistling: I want the advantage all to myself :devil:

See? Told you I like this Jaco oke!

Ok, my extreme dislike of big Tex that started in 1998 was completely misplaced. Here is why:

http://ideas.time.co...ce-but-to-dope/

I forgot that being the son of a single teenager and being the best at cheating are valid excuses.

:thumbdown: He makes a good point in questioning the motives of the "witnesses" but undoes that by claiming Armstrong had to dope to stay in the game.

Armstrong ciuld have been leading the fight against drugs instead need condemned the use of PEDs.

Whether he did or he didn't is irrelevant because as he says, these are are all old accusations made by people with a demonstrated grudge.

Unless more riders come forward I have a feeling this thing is going to die with the UCI. Its all bad PR right now but once the dust settles and people want to go after LA, they're going to find it tough in a court in front of a judge.

Any one of those affidavits can be brought into question, the characters of the witnesses is really suspect even Hincapie.

I can't see the UCI doing anything concrete about LA's titles since there is no material evidence. There may be something in his blood samples indicating abnormally high red blood cell variances but all LA is going to say is I slept in an Oxygen tent or a hyperbaric chamber. That's not illegal.

Anyone looking at the situation with an open mind will see that its not a closed and shut case without material evidence.

Every single cyclist caught has been caught through a positive or with dope in hand. EAsy cases for the UCI to act on. If the UCI acts on the USADA they set a very dangerous precedent that any rider can point a finger and action can be taken. Any organisation can compile anecdotes and write a J'accuse as USADA did and expect convictions from this writing.

Very very dangerous for us all and I don't the cycling community is seeing that due to being wrapped up in the euphoria of the evil giant being wounded.

That everything around US Postal was always suspicious was never in question. The problem was always around material evidence. If it exists then the UCI is covering it up. And if that is true, we'll never see anything of it and LA will never be stripped.

Lastly, LA may be an arrogant, obnoxious SOB but he never struck me as stupid. Walking about boasting to close friends about EPO use is just plain dumb. If this truelly was the magnitude of events then I'm sure his ex Wife, Kristen, Ex girlfriend Cheryl Crow and others will come forward. Both are real goody two shoes types so if this is so rife why has neither said anything. Surely the mother of his children would be keeping the kids away from a doper? Or has child services been notified in this matter as well?

This battle is far from over.

Are you serious Lefty? I'm not even going to reply to your comments, because I don't have the time now. I think every point you make is incorrect.

Can't really now, because on the phone I can't seem to quote. Will maybe on Monday. You seem a bit hostile, so I'm not sure I should.

I'm hostile?

Andydude said: "Are you serious Lefty? I'm not even going to reply to your comments, because I don't have the time now. I think every point you make is incorrect."

I'd say that calling an opinion "Incorrect" is pretty hostile from you... :thumbdown:

So I'm incorrect but you don't have the time to provide an different opinion. I must be wrong just because you say so (Strange how you found the time to say that without a supporting view). Sorry your majesty.

Lefty. Why would Hincapie and co testify? What could possibly be in ot for thwm except bans and basically the end of their careers? Why would they lie about it?

Material evidence is not required. It is pretty obvious he doped. Consider reading the book Bad Blood from Jeremy Whittle.

Nicolas Roche: ‘If you dope, don’t blame anyone else. It’s your choice. Admit it’

What he said here

What I hate about guys who are caught like this is that, first, it takes them 10 years to admit they doped and, second, they say they only did it because everybody did it and they did it to keep up. That's bulls**t. It's not true and it's not fair to the riders that didn't dope and never will dope.

and here

It p****s me off that eight or 10 years later, after winning the prize money, buying the big houses and the flashy cars, they decide to come clean when they're cornered into it and then still blame somebody else. If you dope, don't blame anyone else. It's your choice. Admit it.

and especially here

last night David Zabriskie, Christian Vande Velde, Levi Leipheimer, George Hincapie and Tom Danielson only got six-month bans. That will see them back racing in the spring. They'll miss two races. That's no good. Why only six months? There is a lot to be done.

more here:

http://www.independe...it-3257272.html

He is echoing my sentiments on this. My dad used to ask when I was young "are you really sorry for what you have done or are you just sorry because you are caught"

I'm hostile?

Andydude said: "Are you serious Lefty? I'm not even going to reply to your comments, because I don't have the time now. I think every point you make is incorrect."

I'd say that calling an opinion "Incorrect" is pretty hostile from you... :thumbdown:

So I'm incorrect but you don't have the time to provide an different opinion. I must be wrong just because you say so (Strange how you found the time to say that without a supporting view). Sorry your majesty.

You're not hostile. You're a clown

Somewhere else on the World Tour, Tony Martin just defended his Tour of Beijing title.

Must say, the racing was very good despite all the storm clouds swirling in the sport.

Fat Pat was questioned by the media on arrival in China and couldn't comment but to say the matter is in the hands of the UCI's legal department.

Lefty, I'm afraid you are misinformed. The only way the UCI can not strip Mr Armstrong of his titles and uphold the lifetime ban is to appeal the USADA findings to the CAS.

You're not hostile. You're a clown

Says the skinny, bare-chested dude in the cow-boy hat :whistling:

I just had to throw that in since it is all getting soooo personal right now.

Edited by ThaStig

Lefty, I'm afraid you are misinformed. The only way the UCI can not strip Mr Armstrong of his titles and uphold the lifetime ban is to appeal the USADA findings to the CAS.

I understand Lefty's point, people always advocate its not what you know its what you can proof. So I cant understand how they can strip his titles if they dont have proof. If they can do it without proof then i'm also misinformed and dont know how they can do it. I have not read much about this topic, just started the book "the secret race" maybe when i'm done i will have a better understanding.

. I have not read much about this topic, just started the book "the secret race" maybe when i'm done i will have a better understanding.

Why don't you rather read USADA's document? That's the proof, or at least it's the basis for them sanctioning the various riders the way they have.