Lance Armstrong Banned and Stripped of TDF Titles

101SCC

Is Nike now taking a page out of LA's strong arm tactics book? :)

@billgifford: Also, any publication that criticized Lance risked losing Nike advertising. As some pubs were reminded, pointedly.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you guys think its about the money! [sic]

$10 Mil will not even be noticed by LIVESTRONG...

and just for the fans......

!!!GO LANCE GO!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thought livestrong was for cancer research and not to fund la?

Thought that was obvious and what the whole thread is about.

LA to admit it.

Even if he did, would the fanboys believe because, as they keep telling us, dopers cannot be believed.

Even if he did, would the fanboys believe because, as they keep telling us, dopers cannot be believed.

Cant speak for others and i don't know of anyone who wont, but why not.

Now speaking for myself no where on this thread have i said he is innocent. i have no issues with what the USDADA have found including the current riders statements, just issues with their real motives (USADA and riders) which appear to be selfish i.e. looking after themselves rather than remorse.

Why did Frank and Betsy involve themselves in covering up Franks doping for so long. Betsy has been called honest and respectable, really ? How seeing as she knew her husband doped but kept quiet only speaking once they had a fallout with LA.

Why did the all the riders mentioned in the USDADA report only admit now, where were they when previous team riders accused LA of doping, many of his teammates who were implicated continued to ride for him. I would have much more respect if they had fessed up on their own and supported those without being forced to.

yip, nobodies gonna argue wif his mum. snif

Hahaha.....but I've never heard his name mentioned so maybe mum is right?

Would explain why he is the most cracking rider.... :whistling:

Should be sponsored by Polyfila.

at least we have one guy who can project a proper image for cycling?

Oh, so that's why Nike are sticking with Stronginthearm.

The New York Daily News has suggested that sportswear company Nike decided to stay loyal to Lance Armstrong despite the overwhelming evidence of doping against him because it may have played an active part in what USADA described as “the most sophisticated doping program in sports history”.

The NY Daily News reports that Kathy LeMond testified under oath during a 2006 deposition in the SCA arbitration case that Julian Devries, a mechanic for Armstrong’s team, had told her and others that Nike and Thom Weisel –the San Francisco banker who sponsored and part-owned Armstrong’s team - had transferred $500,000 to a Swiss bank account that belonged to Verbruggen.

The money was apparently sent to cover up a 1999 positive drug test for corticosteroids, which Armstrong had used to treat saddle sores.

Why did Frank and Betsy involve themselves in covering up Franks doping for so long. Betsy has been called honest and respectable, really ? How seeing as she knew her husband doped but kept quiet only speaking once they had a fallout with LA.

Betsy never covered anything up. Ever. Memory is fuzzy but she called off the engagement to him after the alleged hospital incident. Then she almost called it quits on the marriage when she found he doped after promising her he wouldn't.

Armstrong’s former soigneur Emma O’Reilly, backed up the claims that the positive test was covered up in an affidavit to USADA. Armstrong has always claimed that he never tested positive for drugs.

She said she heard Armstrong and other Postal Service team members talking about how they would get Luis Garcia del Moral, the team physician, to write a backdated prescription for the steroid cream.

In an interview with the Daily News on Monday, Kathy Lemond said she stood by her testimony. “I’m sure Julian was telling the truth,” she said.

Representatives of Nike or Tom Weisel did not respond to calls for comment from the Daily News and Devries has always denied the allegations. He submitted a affidavit during the SCA case saying that LeMond’s allegations were made up.

So, he never tested positive?