Lance Armstrong Banned and Stripped of TDF Titles

101SCC

I thought he wasn't using his services at all...

Thought so to, appears not, silly of LA to be so public underhand or not.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

actually they look kinda low. $100k / year? thats fk all. wheres the rest of it?

Excellent point - $2k a week supposedly for a team? Maybe I missed it in all the pages but i didnt hear any of the witness mentioned how they paid or what they paid. It seems it was just 'given' to them.

It would also be interesting to see who else was depositing into that account over that period of time.

in the "secret race" he entioned USPS paid more than other teams for the drugs as well

Excellent point - $2k a week supposedly for a team? Maybe I missed it in all the pages but i didnt hear any of the witness mentioned how they paid or what they paid. It seems it was just 'given' to them.

It would also be interesting to see who else was depositing into that account over that period of time.

in the "secret race" he entioned USPS paid more than other teams for the drugs as well

Lance paid.

actually they look kinda low. $100k / year? thats fk all. wheres the rest of it?

That's only Lance. He had plenty other clients.

I dón't think he suspected his banking would be invetigated.

I thought he wasn't using his services at all...

That was what i would call a "PR forced lie" brought on by pressure due to the Italian courts judgements against Ferrari at the time. He had to say that.

Weren't these charges against Ferrari dropped late due to lack of evidence?

I dón't think he suspected his banking would be invetigated.

Doubt that, all reports indicate that it was a massive cover up scheme. Cant see LA being silly enough to provide such an easy direct link back to him.

My understanding is thats only LA payments, each rider would be individually responsible for his own consultancy.

That was what i would call a "PR forced lie" brought on by pressure due to the Italian courts judgements against Ferrari at the time. He had to say that.

Yup, guilty then acquitted on appeal.

Ferrari was cleared, but LA did state he would cut ties. Exact date of when he said it is a bit blurred i.e did he continue after he said he would stop..

technically, he wasn't working with Ferrari, he was working through 53x12.com.

semantics but the commercial entity was Ferrari's son. Whomever he subcontracted Armstrong will clkaim he add no control over..

this type of cynisism is typical of Armstrong

It would indeed be interesting to see who else made deposits into that account....

Doubt that, all reports indicate that it was a massive cover up scheme. Cant see LA being silly enough to provide such an easy direct link back to him.

I think the cover-up is more about the funds used to get the drugs. Although Simeoni claimed to have gotten EPO once from Ferrari, he wasn't Lance's supplier. The cover-up relates to issues like the team bikes being sold on eBay, etc to raise cash (untraceable) to buy the dope.

I agree, most people tend to agree that LA was / is rather cunning....BUT in hindsight he made some real glaringly hard to believe stoopid mistakes for someone who tends to be a perfectionist.

The one that gets me is how he spoke so much about his doping methods and pushed PED's amongest fellow team members over all those years, surely thats something you would not do if you dont want to get caught.....?

USADA have their ducks in a row and factually correct. ?

Maybe not, but if they were not factually correct and provable and relevant it would have been impossible for them to be proven by the USADA at the arbitration and so LA would have walked........

Instead he chose not to face his accusers and submit their testimony to cross examination. That is the one thing I don't understand.

Why would an innocent man known for his combative personality and history of litigation walk away when he was so close to vindication?