Lance Armstrong Banned and Stripped of TDF Titles

101SCC

Eish Peta; balance of probability says just about everyone anywhere near the head of the peloton was on something and certainly LA. After this, I wouldn't bet my life on any of them being squeaky clean, including LeMond. LA is certainly being singled out for special attention due to his abrasive personality, pigheadedness and general tjop behaviour but that is the way of the world and the jilted fan rather than even handed justice.

"UK Postal"; well the jury is still out-hundreds of pages on other forums say they are on the special sauce.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another one jumped ship - Trek dropped Lance

Honey Stinger, et al have followed suit. But it's kinda meaningless in a way, as he has shares in these companies, and they are all maintaining contact with Livestrong.

Add Giro Helmets & 24 hour fitness to the list that jumped ship yesterday.

Aren't Giro part of the company that makes Trek?

Eish Peta; balance of probability says just about everyone anywhere near the head of the peloton was on something and certainly LA. After this, I wouldn't bet my life on any of them being squeaky clean, including LeMond. LA is certainly being singled out for special attention due to his abrasive personality, pigheadedness and general tjop behaviour but that is the way of the world and the jilted fan rather than even handed justice.

"UK Postal"; well the jury is still out-hundreds of pages on other forums say they are on the special sauce.

There is of course a blemish on at least one of LeMond's Tour wins. The "illegal" bike. Did he dope? I doubt it. Personal opinion.

I'm not sure, probably a good time to pull out the graphic that shows the LA connections in the world of cycling.

I will have a field day if it had to come out that Sky has a systematic doping system in place. I would feel sorry for Froome but would have a chuckle at Wiggo and Cav. Couple of guys here would probably cut their wrists. For me that would be far more entertaining than the Armstrong affair

I will have a field day if it had to come out that Sky has a systematic doping system in place. I would feel sorry for Froome but would have a chuckle at Wiggo and Cav. Couple of guys here would probably cut their wrists. For me that would be far more entertaining than the Armstrong affair

I don't know about Sky. But Brailsford did help transform British cycling. Their whereabouts programme was said to be one of the most stringent in the world. As for Froome, I've said it before, I think he is clean.

Damn! Endorphines from morning ride is wearing off now! Should probably get ready for work. This bloody bloodbag does not want to empty this morningw00t.gif

Honey Stinger, et al have followed suit. But it's kinda meaningless in a way, as he has shares in these companies, and they are all maintaining contact with Livestrong.

Indeed, its all PR to save face. You trying to tell me the Oakley, Giro and other reps that travelled with USPS never saw a thing, didn;t hear a thing, didn't notice something strange in the trash or the big industrial fridge needed for storing the blood and EPO. Come on......

Spain's attorney general considering bringing formal criminal charges against Armstrong

my my the knives are really out now...

He's going to have to find a hole in the world with no extradition treaty with European Courts and the US....hmmm maybe Uruguay or Argentina, or South Africa. He'll ive in Phil's closet.

Heck man,did he not consider the risks? He must have a trump up his sleeve co he is silent as hell.

Will he be able to find work in his own bike shop?

Strangely I still empathise, wouldn't wish this can of worm on my worst enemy

Indeed, its all PR to save face. You trying to tell me the Oakley, Giro and other reps that travelled with USPS never saw a thing, didn;t hear a thing, didn't notice something strange in the trash or the big industrial fridge needed for storing the blood and EPO. Come on......

Yeah, when it comes to Oakley, the Stephanie McIlvain story comes to mind…

Heck man,did he not consider the risks? He must have a trump up his sleeve co he is silent as hell.

Karma is a strange beast.

Those who argue against the "they all doped so it was a level playing field" crowd argue inter alia that the more risk averse you are, the closer to the doping wind you would sail.

Evidence is that LA felt so invulnerable that he acted brazenly in the most egregious way. Like so many sociopaths, he behaved as if the rules only applied to others and so I suspect that he lost no sleep over this at the time.

As for cards up his sleeve, i suspect the Ace has fallen out and he only has a knife to draw against the six gun of his opponents.......

Another one jumped ship - Trek dropped Lance

Wow, thats a biggie, like Nike, Armstrong was synonymous with Trek and a big part of their campaign.

I was reading the Nike statement where they said they will stop supporting Armstrong, this is one of the worlds biggest sports brands so they have to be careful in their wording, but if you read the statement they use very strong language in their condemnation of LA, and from a corporate like Nike that shows they feel betrayed.

CNN had an interview with the chairman of a company Brandsport who said he doubts LA will ever be able to salvage his credibility within the sporting or cycling arena. His best hope he felt, would be to devote his time and effort now to causes where his name is still considered good, like charities for cancer awareness, been involved in the opening cancer wards at hospitals etc. but he admitted, it will be difficult.

where his name is still considered good, like charities for cancer awareness, been involved in the opening cancer wards at hospitals etc.

I think its even too late for that. His name is a brand, the brand fell faster than Felix Baumgartner.