Lance Armstrong Banned and Stripped of TDF Titles

101SCC

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Scenario #1 UCI supports USADA report, which then implies they admit they don't have any control of anything... - tail wagging the dog.

Big fall out...

Scenario #2 UCI over rides USADA report,

Big Fall out...

G

Or a third option....They impose their own sanctions instead of that which USADA suggests...

Or a third option....They impose their own sanctions instead of that which USADA suggests...

They may up the six-month bans.

Wish list:

1. Prez Fat Pat steps down citing "time for fresh start" and the steps to a new leader are announced.

2. Armstrong's results are cleared and "no winner".

3. Armstrong banned from competing for 10 years and for lack for cooperation.

4. Those who confessed banned from competing for 6 -12 months

Or something like 'dat.

Only option would be to implement what USADA have, reduce it and they are soft, increase it and they hypocritical in covering up and then punishing the same riders they turned a blind eye to.

Wish list:

1. Prez Fat Pat steps down citing "time for fresh start" and the steps to a new leader are announced.

2. Armstrong's results are cleared and "no winner".

3. Armstrong banned from competing for 10 years and for lack for cooperation.

4. Those who confessed banned from competing for 6 -12 months

Or something like 'dat.

thumbup1.gif

Edit: 3. Armstrong banned for life.

Edited by The Crow

Hahahahahaha!

Hard to call! Some agencies reported earlier that they expected it to go to CSA, others to ratify. I am thinking it's the latter.

If so, do you reckon LA will take it to the CSA?

He lost the right to take it to the CAS in August when he walked away....

thumbup1.gif

Edit: 3. Armstrong banned for life.

Yeah, I gave him 10 as he was part of a broader doping culture that was prevalent before his time.

He lost the right to take it to the CAS in August when he walked away....

I think the UCI can still take it to the CAS? They still have their rights, whatever that might be.

I think the UCI can still take it to the CAS? They still have their rights, whatever that might be.

bruyneel and co ARE going to CAS, and I assume UCI will as well. But in all probability CAS will agree with USADA. Aslo, UCI dont represent armstrong, so its not like they're going to fight for him

Yes UCI can take it to CAS. Big Tex can't.

Hahahahahaha!

Hard to call! Some agencies reported earlier that they expected it to go to CSA, others to ratify. I am thinking it's the latter.

If so, do you reckon LA will take it to the CSA?

Dont know, not sure he can, but there's so much too-ing and fro-ing now I have sort of lost sight of the ball.

My personal mileage is the UCI will ratify the USADA report and uphold the banning, I think they would have had their legal dept. have a good look at the report and they will make their decision based on the cold hard facts, the theories they will deal with later.

Is it really relevant whether they collect or not, I think most people have looked beyond his credibility as the winner.

Just one thing that bugs me a tad.

Yeah he is a douche bag , a liar and whatever else people might want to call him, but I just cannot believe how much energy people are spending throughout the day and almost spending the whole day waiting for the next bit of bad news as if they don't have any skeletons in the closet.

Read another article as to how big a douche he was on a ride somewhere, reading it I can't help but thinking it's someone just looking for attention and riding the Armstrong train again, people are and have been riding that train for years, when it was good and now that it's gone bad.

http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-860283

Probably right, but I think people are looking for closure more than anything, theres lots of loose ends laying around that people can pick up on and ask "What about this........." so in a way I see the UCI decision as been one of the points of closure, sort of "The final decision is made, the deed is done lets move along" but until that happens people will continue probably to look for conspiracy theories or loose ends, ...........human nature I guess. biggrin.png

How the UCI must have looked / be looking still for the middle earth ground. They should have called Zuma. He would have helped them. You shoot 30 odd mineworkers, everyone is in a flat spin, you stand up and announce, giggling "we have a plan!". Then everyone buggers off and it's looting as usual. Bit more tricky in Europe methinks.

By the way I see the dreaded Mews24 claims Cuddles paid a visit to the Prime Evil, Dr Ferrari. Just for a test he says?

Dont know, not sure he can, but there's so much too-ing and fro-ing now I have sort of lost sight of the ball.

My personal mileage is the UCI will ratify the USADA report and uphold the banning, I think they would have had their legal dept. have a good look at the report and they will make their decision based on the cold hard facts, the theories they will deal with later.

No Armstrong can't appeal any decision to CAS because he waived his right to arbitration against USADA. CAS only intervenes when an Arbitration agreement between two parties fails. Since the right was waived he can't appeal retroactively. The UCI can appeal the recommendation if it feels the "evidence" supplied cannot stand in Court, either in the USA or the Federal Supreme Court of Switzerland.

The withdrawal of the Federal Case against Armstrong in the USA will play a strong role in the decision of the UCI wrt to the legal standing of the USADA report