Lance Armstrong Banned and Stripped of TDF Titles

101SCC

Dude... its 11 am and you are drinking beer!

cheers

Fark steaks.

It always stuns me when people take me seriously.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fark steaks.

It always stuns me when people take me seriously.

Why wouldnt we... if its on the internet it must be true!

Bob drinking at 11am...what a joke! He's been at it since 8.

Usually.

Today I was actually out riding at 8.

Why waste money, LA for all his faults is not stupid, surely in his efforts to fights the claims he knows he has strong grounds to reject the accusations or has he reached a point where he does not care how much he gambles by digging in his heels.

Missing pieces to the puzzle

In my opinion thats exactly it, he will fight the accusations right down to the wire or until he cant fight any more. Lets look at it from his perspective, what do's he have to lose, money, not sure thats a big issue, but he will fight for his legacy, we all would, nothings guaranteed, he may win, who knows, but if he throws in the towel its over- LA will never do that.

Senator John McCain has voiced his support for the USADA charges.

I see Tygart responded to the senators below.

In a statement, USADA CEO Travis Tygart said the case against Armstrong was "not brought lightly." He also said the evidence against the cyclist is "overwhelming."

"We are well aware of his popularity and the admirers he has on Capitol Hill and elsewhere, but our responsibility is to clean athletes who demand that USADA protect their right to a level playing field by eradicating drug use from sport," Tygart's statement said.

Tygart said clean athletes "rightly depend upon USADA to ensure that no matter how famous or anonymous, we will treat each alleged offender the same."

Edited by GrumpyOldGuy

In my opinion thats exactly it, he will fight the accusations right down to the wire or until he cant fight any more. Lets look at it from his perspective, what do's he have to lose, money, not sure thats a big issue, but he will fight for his legacy, we all would, nothings guaranteed, he may win, who knows, but if he throws in the towel its over- LA will never do that.

Guilty or not, his legacy is unfortunately already under suspicion. Real pitty. The world needs sporting icons and role models. Somehow they always seem to disappoint. Hansie. Tiger. Tyson. ...

Guilty or not, his legacy is unfortunately already under suspicion. Real pitty. The world needs sporting icons and role models. Somehow they always seem to disappoint. Hansie. Tiger. Tyson. ...

At least Tiger wasn't a fraud, being better by cheating and getting wealthier by cheating. If only "what goes on tour" stayed on tour. Stud

Then again were his "over 100 affairs" the same sort of exaggeration we have had in the "most tested athlete in the history of the world" claim?

Then again were his "over 100 affairs" the same sort of exaggeration we have had in the "most tested athlete in the history of the world" claim?

Probably closer to ten.

But ya, he didn't cheat at the sport. Yikes. Did I call golf a sport. Ok, he didn't cheat at the game.

Bruyneel's intention to go to arbitration is telling. Obviously he lacks the funds of LA to fight this elsewhere. Radioshack is up the creek. His career is in tatters. He seems to have been abandoned by the dude he led to seven Tour wins. Even after betraying his erstwhile other Tour winner in Lance's favour. Interesting times indeed. JB and LA are intricately linked. What is brought up in the former's arbitration will be interesting indeed.

Emphatic denial is sometimes a sign of guilt.

What will happen now if the cyclists mentioned in the press as witnesses stand up and say we did the drugs, and witnessed Lance doing the same? they cant all be lying. That will be damning. No one took Floyd seriously since he is such a liar.

Contrast to how Dave Millar handled it: Admission without a fuss. And repentance. Good on you m8.

Edited by kosmonooit

Emphatic denial is sometimes a sign of guilt.

What will happen now if the cyclists mentioned in the press as witnesses stand up and say we did the drugs, and witnessed Lance doing the same? they cant all be lying. That will be damning. No one took Floyd seriously since he is such a liar.

Contrast to how Dave Millar handled it: Admission without a fuss. And repentance. Good on you m8.

Ya, Riis can stand up and say what he did, and carry on with his head high.

There's character. And then there's Lance.

Lance is still in denial .... hard to believe its all a conspiracy against him

I see Sen McCain has some out in support of the USADA investigation. That man is nobodies fool.

Lance is still in denial .... hard to believe its all a conspiracy against him

Sounds like my ex wife.

Bruyneel's intention to go to arbitration is telling. Obviously he lacks the funds of LA to fight this elsewhere. Radioshack is up the creek. His career is in tatters. He seems to have been abandoned by the dude he led to seven Tour wins. Even after betraying his erstwhile other Tour winner in Lance's favour. Interesting times indeed. JB and LA are intricately linked. What is brought up in the former's arbitration will be interesting indeed.

Or has Bruyneel maybe been sent by LA to see what they have on him? Sacrificial hog, so to speak?