Lance Armstrong Banned and Stripped of TDF Titles

101SCC

Millions?

Really?

100,000 - 50,000 - 12 - whatever.

Whether is was through Livestrong foundation or his "I beat cancer and won/not won 7 tours" story - the man has been an inspiration to loads of people.

Doping dick or Hopeful Harry - there are millions of people who believe in him and would happily say he/his reputation had a positive effect on their life.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting to see this one... How about all the conspiracy theory fellas that say Neil was never on the moon? You will always have negativity out there. How you choose to address it, is key.

According to me, Lance won, he also inspired me to cycle and to take any challenge head on. USADA can strip him of the titles, but they cannot strip his legacy. That is the part that I choose to remember. Say what you want, I would like to be half the man that he is!

You could be half the man he is-- Cut off one and a half of your testis and dope only half of the stuff that he used ! :w00t:

Phil Liggett speaks frankly to Ballz Visual Radio about Lance Armstrong being stripped of all of his titles. He calls the situation political and a conspiracy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJz4kwm9mXc&list=UUIS9GnMG6uwDISA-P2limwA&index=7&feature=plcp

I think uncle Phil is getting a bit senile. Too many errors and holes in his speech to name here.

Edited by Lucky Luke.

Guest Omega Man

Fascinates me that so many people seem to have forgotten that la is but one of a few people being investigated here.

Ja. True. The thing is the media focus on LA cos he makes for far better headlines than the others. Hence at least some of the perception that it's focused and somewhat of a witch hunt. Mine included.

Ja. True. The thing is the media focus on LA cos he makes for far better headlines than the others. Hence at least some of the perception that it's focused and somewhat of a witch hunt. Mine included.

You can't just blame the media. Sure, the mainstream media is gonna focus on LA. Like, who the hell is Bruyneel, and, er , who were those other guys again...? But, the witch hunt angle is purely down to LA's PR machine working overtime. He was vocal in his opposition.

I think uncle Phil is getting a bit senile. Too many errors and holes in his speech to name here.

He also regularly works for Lance...

He also regularly works for Lance...

.. every time he turns on his microphone.

seriously though, I also heard he was on the payroll, but haven't seen anything concrete to back that up yet.

He does seem to be, considering his position and experience, phenomenally ill-informed on the subject of doping. It's not clear to me whether he's consciously lying or is just wilfully thick. Hard to believe he thinks Merckz was a clean rider when he was positive on 3 separate occasions.

Interesting to read a post from Christie in 2007 where he cites uncle Phil staking his reputation that Barloworld were riding clean at the tour.

Since he blew his rep away on that occasion, I wonder what he's staking his latest delusional speech on?

Edited by Lucky Luke.

You could be half the man he is-- Cut off one and a half of your testis and dope only half of the stuff that he used ! :w00t:

And have two and a half kids? Like a midget or what?

Edited by TNT1

Not a big fan of LA the person, too much of a brash Texan for me, but find his success as a cyclist and his courage as a cancer survivor very inspirational.

Have been on the LA side through this whole debacle and find myself caught between disappointment at his guilt and disbelief of the witch hunt nature of the process. Be that as it may I am still stunned at the apparent scale of it all. Why still only a vague witness here and there? If everyone was doping then why isn't everyone subjected to the same scrutiny? I can only hope that the can of worms is being opened. Those witnesses? Immunity? Hypocrisy?

I am still all for a lifetime ban for doping. I reckon that will purge this sport of this cancer that has definitely spoilt my enjoyment and support.

A Vinokurov getting a gold medal makes me nauseous.

If everyone was doping then why isn't everyone subjected to the same scrutiny?

Are you blind?

Riis, Ullrich, Pantani, Millar, Festina, Landis, The Vanishing Twin, Heras, Rumsas, and so on. All of Lance's contemporaries. All admit and carry on.

The thing that leaves the bile taste in the mouth is Lance's attitude. His denial. The fact that a decade ago he could have come clean and kept five or even six tours with his head held high.

Now all he is a spineless sack.

Are you blind?

Riis, Ullrich, Pantani, Millar, Festina, Landis, The Vanishing Twin, Heras, Rumsas, and so on. All of Lance's contemporaries. All admit and carry on.

The thing that leaves the bile taste in the mouth is Lance's attitude. His denial. The fact that a decade ago he could have come clean and kept five or even six tours with his head held high.

Now all he is a spineless sack.

its more than that. Lance was more than just a cyclist. Lance played a huge role in the direction of cycling while he was at the top. The rest of them didnt really have much input/say

Why?

He served his ban, and I'm sure he's been tested plenty of times since his return.

What the problem is?

You're so perfect, that some guy shoplifts a loaf of bread, gets caught, serves his time, and then makes a contribution to society, except you'd rather he was hanged in the town square?

Not a big fan of LA the person, too much of a brash Texan for me, but find his success as a cyclist and his courage as a cancer survivor very inspirational.

Have been on the LA side through this whole debacle and find myself caught between disappointment at his guilt and disbelief of the witch hunt nature of the process. Be that as it may I am still stunned at the apparent scale of it all. Why still only a vague witness here and there? If everyone was doping then why isn't everyone subjected to the same scrutiny? I can only hope that the can of worms is being opened. Those witnesses? Immunity? Hypocrisy?

I am still all for a lifetime ban for doping. I reckon that will purge this sport of this cancer that has definitely spoilt my enjoyment and support.

Mate, I know this is a personal subject for you, but would it shift your perception if drugs he was allegedly taking contributed to the aggressive nature of his cancer?