Lance Armstrong Banned and Stripped of TDF Titles

101SCC

How to identify when you've lost perspective on a matter 102 by Eldron:

You think a drugged up cyclist is the scourge of the civilised world.

C'mon man. You're smart, you can string multi-syllabic words together, surely even you can see you lost the ability to see anything but your own venom ages ago?

+1

Talk about losing focus and getting a bit fanatical...stick to the doping theme and stop finding fault with everything else he does.

I just don’t get it, It’s almost like some people are on a personal crusade against everything Lance Armstrong because he did something bad to them.

He’s just an ex pro cyclist who enjoys living life in the same way most of us do or wish we could and happens to have a very successful business at the same time

Get over it, move on…. Hate will harden your arteries prematurely

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Read the post - it's the justification of the bad deeds because of some spurious good deeds the perpetrator may or may not have done.

It's definitely not OK to justify the scourge of the civilised world because he may have done some good for a few followers in the same way any right minded person can accept Big Tex's cheating ways because he has raised $500 million from the gullible and given hope to cancer sufferers and their families. And massively enriched himself along the way.

There was no comparison made between OBL and LA, the comparison was the justification by the fanboys. Wrong is wrong in the same way you can't be half pregnant.

Just for the record, I never justified his doping... or the rest of the pelatons.

+1

Talk about losing focus and getting a bit fanatical...stick to the doping theme and stop finding fault with everything else he does.

I just don’t get it, It’s almost like some people are on a personal crusade against everything Lance Armstrong because he did something bad to them.

He’s just an ex pro cyclist who enjoys living life in the same way most of us do or wish we could and happens to have a very successful business at the same time

Get over it, move on…. Hate will harden your arteries prematurely

I think you have a point. Its not about the doping for everyone, they just don't like Lance. My dislike for him was reinforced when I found out that we paid him $1000000 to come to SA to help promote our charities, and at the same time promote his own. Maybe that's just sour grapes, I don't know, but I certainly don't feel the same about the other dopers like a certain Mr Ulrich for instance.

• 2 weeks later...

Tygart received death threats during USADA's Armstrong investigation

The director of the American Anti-Doping Agency (USADA), Travis Tygart, has confirmed that he has received three death threats since opening a case against Lance Armstrong and several other individuals linked to the former US Postal team. In an exclusive interview with French L'Equipe, Tygart said that security measures inside the USADA headquarters in Colorado Springs have been increased since his predecessor Terry Madden and himself have been threatened.

"The BALCO affair changed everything, as we've had to face death threats for the first time. Two for Terry Madden, and one for me and my family, later, when Landis first confessed [to doping, in May 2010 - ed.].

"Since the Armstrong affair, I've received three death threats, individual initiatives I believe. The FBI is taking care of that."

Tygart also said that the dossier of gathered evidence against Armstrong would be sent to the International Cycling Union (UCI) very soon. "It's imminent," he confirmed. "We will transmit the files at the end of this month."

According to L'Equipe, the information contained in the files will be made public "before the end of the year".

Tygart also revealed that Armstrong could be called to testify in the case against Johan Bruyneel, his former team manager still in charge of the RadioShack-Nissan squad. Facing important doping allegations, the Belgian has chosen to turn to USADA's Anti-Doping Review Board and be heard before the panel in the next couple of months.

"I don't know what Bruyneel is hoping for, he has everything to lose," Tygart continued. "He will be heard before the end of the year, and the hearing will be public. Lance Armstrong could be heard as a witness in this case, by the way. He would have to testify under oath, like the others. If there's perjury, it's serious..."

The American continued by explaining that USADA did not receive any information from the federal investigation into Armstrong's former team, US Postal, even though this had initially been planned. The fraud investigation was filed last February.

"The witnesses told us exactly what they had declared to FDA inspectors, and we could confirm all the evidence. That's where Armstrong's declarations regarding a personal witch hunt against him don't make any sense. This affair is much greater that only the Armstrong case. We're talking about a real conspiracy inside US Postal. Perfectly organised, with many actors involved. Many of which have confessed, which will not prevent them from being suspended - moderately," Tygart added.

USADA, which has already banned Armstrong and stripped him from his victories since 1998, is acting beyond the eight-year statute of limitations normally applicable within the framework of the World Anti-Doping Code. "The statute of limitations no longer applies [under American law - ed.] if the accusation can prove that, throughout all these years, the athlete who cheated influenced the witnesses who could have testified against him, if he concealed proof or lied under oath. We are certain that this has happened in the Armstrong case, and we'll explain it to the UCI when we'll transmit the dossier," Tygart concluded.

I think you have a point. Its not about the doping for everyone, they just don't like Lance. My dislike for him was reinforced when I found out that we paid him $1000000 to come to SA to help promote our charities, and at the same time promote his own. Maybe that's just sour grapes, I don't know, but I certainly don't feel the same about the other dopers like a certain Mr Ulrich for instance.

Still busy with the book but was amazed when reading Tyler's book as to how much these guys actually earn. Doping aside, Lance is understandably in a much higher salary/endorsment ban so a figure of 100k does not shock that much. What charities was he promoting?

Wilkommen, you been rather quite lately

Whose mtb?

Yeah, I'm stuck as a lefty for the moment (pic in Bob thread soon).

Mine. Whose else would I ride? My dad offered me his 29er, but I still have balls, and am perfectly happy with the size of my penis, soI'll stick to a regular bike.

PS, is a Giant Revel any good? I think I saw a stolen one today.

My dad offered me his 29er, but I still have balls, and am perfectly happy with the size of my penis, soI'll stick to a regular bike.

So you also tried one then? :ph34r:

Yeah, I'm stuck as a lefty for the moment (pic in Bob thread soon).

Mine. Whose else would I ride? My dad offered me his 29er, but I still have balls, and am perfectly happy with the size of my penis, soI'll stick to a regular bike.

PS, is a Giant Revel any good? I think I saw a stolen one today.

LOL, the main criteria is to make sure it doesn't dangle anywhere near the chainrings

Now nought about Giant Revel

Update from USADA's action to engage the UCI...

http://velonews.comp...ase-file_240019

why does it take so long to write a "reasoned" justification or whatever they are calling it if its so clear cut. I mean really - 30 times worse than what Tyler has said - it shouldn't take too much wordsmithing to justify going beyond the statue of limitations for the evil one?

I'm just asking... Honestly am looking forward to seeing what they have so that all sides can shut up once and for all (equally the petatods and the goya's of this world)

why does it take so long to write a "reasoned" justification or whatever they are calling it if its so clear cut. I mean really - 30 times worse than what Tyler has said - it shouldn't take too much wordsmithing to justify going beyond the statue of limitations for the evil one?

I'm just asking... Honestly am looking forward to seeing what they have so that all sides can shut up once and for all (equally the petatods and the goya's of this world)

Yeah, the delay is annoying and can't be doing much good for Usada's image. But, while the report will be sent to the UCI by mid-October, the public will only find out its contents closer to the end of the year after the two hearings.