AM tyres... what you running?

patches

Lost hope to get my hands on the Maxxis Aggressor about 2 month ago, installed the Onza Citius instead.

Can not complain. :w00t:

Can't agree with you more about the Citius. Holy cow, that thing grips up front. Not the lightest tire in the world.

Been for 1 ride with it and am VERY impressed

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I noticed that with the Citius, my face was getting peppered with sand. With the weather coming up in Cape town this week I will be putting the mud guards on, will see if this helps.

Mud guards certainly do help

As Myles said :thumbup:

The Giant Reign, does have down tube protection anyway .... well .... and the intended use is off road, i suppose some scratches, are just beauty mark's. :w00t:

As Myles said :thumbup:

The Giant Reign, does have down tube protection anyway .... well .... and the intended use is off road, i suppose some scratches, are just beauty mark's. :w00t:

muddies are for the "flick-to-the-face" problem. Eish. Magic Marys love flinging dirt... And I've ridden into front-flung dirt before. Not lekka!

Lost hope to get my hands on the Maxxis Aggressor about 2 month ago, installed the Onza Citius instead.

Can not complain. :w00t:

Citius as on the rear has grip for daaaaaaaaaays!truly an awesome piece of rubber

Did my first ride on a Hans Dampf (26'er) and fitted to the rear of the On One Summer Season .... must say, I like what I feel!

so 2.5" Minion DHF upfront and a 2.35" Hans Dampf out back = fun times

..... so 2.5" Minion DHF upfront ....

If you want to replace your Minion ... check out the 2.4" Onza Citius DHC, i did it with a FRC version and i am impressed how much more grip it has in fast corners. The DHC and FRC share the same  profile, just the casing is stronger.

The minion DHF always felt like it will slide, even if it did not, the Citius is like been on rails.

Just my personal opinion.

post-58368-0-28168100-1461579265_thumb.png

If you want to replace your Minion ... check out the 2.4" Onza Citius DHC, i did it with a FRC version and i am impressed how much more grip it has in fast corners. The DHC and FRC share the same  profile, just the casing is stronger.

The minion DHF always felt like it will slide, even if it did not, the Citius is like been on rails.

Just my personal opinion.

My duallie is running a Minion DHR II on the front and really like this ... the DHF still has treat on, so will still roll for some time.

http://cdn.maxxiscentral.com/tyreimages/tyre-image-MinionDHR2_m.png

The Minion is very similar to the Onza Ibex

134183_00_d.jpg

And with a little imagination the DHR is not too far off the Citus...but I do like the look of the Citus!

http://www.downcycles.com/store/images/maxxis_minion_dhf2.jpg

http://cdn.mos.bikeradar.imdserve.com/images/news/2014/03/12/1394595584123-ft2lhb4bwzdc-960-540.jpg