AM tyres... what you running?

patches

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What would be decent high grip tyres? Weight is no prob,currently on vee rubber flows

Edited by mongooser

What would be decent high grip tyres? Weight is no prob,currently on vee rubber flows

Dry hard pack stuff..citius FR(front) slaughter grid casing (back)

Loose rocky mountain rinding... ibex FR (front) cituis FR (back) or minion DHF 3C with minion DHR 3C....

Can also look at the maxxis highroller2 up front and aggressor on the rear. Heard good things about the combo

Magic Mary/Rock Razor

Awesome Combo, ran it on my Slayer and was always surprised and impressed at the performance. The MM saved me too many times, such a confidence inspiring tyre that you can push hard.

Now running WTB Trail Boss 2.4 rear with a WTB Breakout 2.5 up front. On the Derby Rims they look like plus tyres and they are incredible. So much volume and grip like wet **** to a blanket. Rolling resistance not bad for their size either.

I tell you though, the new E-Thirteen rubbers also look damn good and heard only good things so reckon I'll be giving them a go at some point...

What about schwalbe hans dumpf s

VERY pressure sensitive, but it's not as grippy as the Magic. By far. 

It's a great mud tyre, and it works VERY well on wide rims (30mm plus) as in - VERY WELL. 

I'd take Magic over Hans any day of the week. Oh - and don't put it on the back, please... It's boggier than the everglades in summer. 

Awesome Combo, ran it on my Slayer and was always surprised and impressed at the performance. The MM saved me too many times, such a confidence inspiring tyre that you can push hard.

Now running WTB Trail Boss 2.4 rear with a WTB Breakout 2.5 up front. On the Derby Rims they look like plus tyres and they are incredible. So much volume and grip like wet **** to a blanket. Rolling resistance not bad for their size either.

I tell you though, the new E-Thirteen rubbers also look damn good and heard only good things so reckon I'll be giving them a go at some point...

I'm also interested in trying some WTB rubber. Been eye balling the new Convict 2.5 up front, with a Breakout 2.5 out back.

From what I've read, WTB tyres are still a bloody pain in the arse to get on and off of a rim.

On my current ride I have tried the following on the front.

Minion DHF

Magic Mary

Butcher

E13 TRS Race (Sticky tripple compound)

Out of those 4, the TRS Race is by far my favorite.

I will be trying the TRS Plus (Harder dual compound) on the front very soon to compare the rolling resistance and grip to the TRS Race.

Minion DHF

Magic Mary

Butcher

I will be trying the TRS Plus (Harder dual compound) on the front very soon to compare the rolling resistance and grip to the TRS Race.

Been staring at my set for months now (recovering from injury). :( But SOON!

What are you running at the back with your TRS Race?

Been staring at my set for months now (recovering from injury). :( But SOON!

What are you running at the back with your TRS Race?

TRS Plus on the rear at the moment.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Edited by Nofearnofun

Minion DHF

Magic Mary

Butcher

Hmmmmmmm... may need to try that!