AM tyres... what you running?

patches

The rock razor i had wasn't bad at all. Doesn't have the same braking traction as a tyre with larger knobs, but hooks up on pretty much any thing. Only reason mine came off was it didn't hold pressure any more. Found a rather long cut across the tread face. Other than that, very good, as good as Magic/Muddy Mary laid over onto the side knobs.  Went from that to the Maxxis HRII.

Hellocolour: I'm a total believer in the Magic Mary. Ridiculously good tyre. But yoikes, its expensive as your always-tyre: all that grip comes at the price of higher wear rates. Its to be expected if you think about it. Pretty much The Perfect race tyre.

We will be bringing in some 26" Magic Mary's after Cycletour Expo. Drop us an e-mail if you guys want the SG version. Obviously they are heavier so not popular but we can source them...

29" Magic Mary's are in stock as well as HD.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The rock razor i had wasn't bad at all. Doesn't have the same braking traction as a tyre with larger knobs, but hooks up on pretty much any thing. Only reason mine came off was it didn't hold pressure any more. Found a rather long cut across the tread face. Other than that, very good, as good as Magic/Muddy Mary laid over onto the side knobs.  Went from that to the Maxxis HRII.

Hellocolour: I'm a total believer in the Magic Mary. Ridiculously good tyre. But yoikes, its expensive as your always-tyre: all that grip comes at the price of higher wear rates. Its to be expected if you think about it. Pretty much The Perfect race tyre.

We will be bringing in some 26" Magic Mary's after Cycletour Expo. Drop us an e-mail if you guys want the SG version. Obviously they are heavier so not popular but we can source them...

YES!!!! Super Gravity Magic Mary please!!!!! in 26! 

And what about 26" 2015 Nobby Nic in Trailstar?

yes i was told upon initial email that it would be approx 2weeks, that was on Jan16th..

i only managed to pay on the 23rd ( had a hiccup ) then when i enquired on 27th as to ETA i was told end of the week...and 22 emails later all sent by me asking whats happening im still waiting. Never once have the contacted me first to tell me whats going on.

ok, that post-dates my hiccup with them last year.  Maybe they took some learning from my rather terse email to them about the lack of proper communication.

Has anyone tried the NEW Nobby Nic??? I am keen to get for a rear tyre in 27.5 2.25 or 2.35 SS Pacestar but I have not seen much testing done on them - the previous one was pretty good as I used a 26 x 2.25 as a rear tyre. Also it seems the NN stock everyone has is the old model.

ok, that post-dates my hiccup with them last year.  Maybe they took some learning from my rather terse email to them about the lack of proper communication.

well mabey there might be a good ending to my problem, just had a phone call to say they will be hand delivering the tyre this morning. :thumbup:

Has anyone tried the NEW Nobby Nic??? I am keen to get for a rear tyre in 27.5 2.25 or 2.35 SS Pacestar but I have not seen much testing done on them - the previous one was pretty good as I used a 26 x 2.25 as a rear tyre. Also it seems the NN stock everyone has is the old model.

This is the tyre im getting ..2015 version nobbly nic 2.25 Pacestar Snakeskin

And what about 26" 2015 Nobby Nic in Trailstar?

I haven't yet ridden the new 2015 NN.

From the reviews I've read, its a very good allround tyre, except in very wet, rocky rooty conditions (all tyres would struggle a bit under similar conditions tbh). I think its' exactly how I imagined it to be: what the Hans Dampf should've been.

It's the burliest Schwalbe tyre for XCers, hence no SG carcass.

Edited by Capricorn

Nice writeup on PB and a side by side pic...

post-51814-0-02565900-1424766622_thumb.jpg

Looking at the tread is should roll a but easier and grip more as they said... makes sense.

Problem is there is too much old stock still around making finding a 2015 a problem - at the right price that is...

Edited by s14phoenix

Nice writeup on PB and a side by side pic...

attachicon.gifNN Compare.JPG

Looking at the tread is should roll a but easier and grip more as they said... makes sense.

Problem is there is too much old stock still around making finding a 2015 a problem - at the right price that is...

Very muddyish. 

grrr. makes the moer-in just recalling the pain of the whole experience. IMHO, their advertising is highly misleading. anyway, at least i got my monies back. .

I waited about 3 months for 2 NN 2.4 and 2 MM 2.35 all in 26" but they were the only people I could get them from. Even so they offered a full refund every time I inquired, I had to tell them that I still needed the tires....