AM tyres... what you running?

patches

Thanks for all the input!!

I see Easybike has a sale on all their 26" tyres so think I'm going to order rather. Sooooo.... Options,

Front: Schwalbe HD 2.35 pacestar or trailstar SS

Front: Schwalbe NN 2.25 pacestar SS

Front: Conti Mountain King 2 2.4 protection

Rear: Schwalbe Racing Ralph 2.25 pacestar SS

Rear: Conti Xking 2.4 protection

What would be best considering I'm in the Freestate, hard pack and rocky trails. Appreciate the feedback on my lack of deciding on this..

Front - hd snakeskin trailstar

Rear - racing Ralph snakeskin

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Morning all... I know I can ask my LBS but thought one of you might know of a better and more price competitive store/online shop/private seller that has the below for sale...

- (New Nobby Nic 2015) Schwalbe Nobby Nic Evo - Snakeskin TL Easy - PaceStar 26 x 2.35'
- Schwalbe Magic Mary Evo - Snakeskin TL Easy - TrailStar 26 x 2.35''
- Schwalbe Rock Razor Evo - Snakeskin TL Easy - PaceStar 26 x 2.35

Easybike was my first go to as they are normally good with price on the schwobblies and even though their lead times are sometimes a little long for imports, I have time as really only need for middle of next month - Had no reply in 4 days though.

Do customs whack you with import duties on tyres?

Morning all... I know I can ask my LBS but thought one of you might know of a better and more price competitive store/online shop/private seller that has the below for sale...

- (New Nobby Nic 2015) Schwalbe Nobby Nic Evo - Snakeskin TL Easy - PaceStar 26 x 2.35'

Easybike was my first go to as they are normally good with price on the schwobblies and even though their lead times are sometimes a little long for imports, I have time as really only need for middle of next month - Had no reply in 4 days though.

Check evobikes.co.za, they might have what you are looking for. Not sure how the price compares to your LBS. 

Vat only, I bring in tyres from time to time. should be placing an order soon. takes 2 to 3 weeks to get stock though.

Check Easybike.co.za

Vat only, I bring in tyres from time to time. should be placing an order soon. takes 2 to 3 weeks to get stock though.

Thanks Les - I'll PM you and can maybe add to your order when you you put it through. :thumbup:

Onza Ibex in 26" are also good options Balt. I meant to show you on Johan's 120 on Saturday but we got distracted.

Cheers Sean - Will check them out - Really keen on the Schwalbe's though... But still keen to try the Bronson/vigilante combo...

I would suggest to go for SG Schwalbes. After I destroyed the sidewall on my MM evo snakeskin on SP2 at Hakahana cup#1, I sold the 2 extra tires I had with evo carcasse and got 2 new MM SG from easybike... Of course they are a bit heavier but I think it's worth it....

How much are the MM SG at easy bike? They seem to get their schwable tyres somewhere that allows them sell them at pretty decent prices relative to the typical us or eu street price

Just had to add that my hans dampf snakeskin and nobby nic snakeskin survived the monster and I did not have a single puncture or cut or anything on them. they especially handled the downhill at 55+kmph very nicely and I am even more impressed by them now

I got them for R699 each

That's a sound price, shipping is another R100 per order? Edited by Skylark

must say...I'm paranoid about front washing out at speed & cornering...

since my Scwalbe Hans dampf snakeskin 2.35 up front...that worry has been elliminated!!

:thumbup: :thumbup:

I'm enjoying my HD's, a solid all rounder and I've found the rolling resistance very acceptable. Rear pacestar is getting a little chewed up, surprisingly the front trail star still looking good, overall I'd say they are wearing well.

Ordering through EvoBikes. They have stock of all three models and replied to my mail. Also not that much more expensive than Easybike in the bigger scheme of things and shipping is free on orders over R1000 so make a bit back there.

Going with the SG casing on the Magic Mary on your advice Remy. :thumbup: