AM tyres... what you running?

patches

What's your weight btw, I weigh 105kg and nofearnofun also over 100. Just wondering if weight doesn't have anything to do with it.

You running quite low pressure there at ~1.25bar, I'm currently running 1.6bar / 23psi up front

I weigh 63kg atm

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

wtf? is that in gauge or absolute???

:(

Its all relative though. Scaling I mean.

Lighter means lower pressures. Smaller also means less power :mellow:

EXACTLY!!! - I think it would be a great combo.

I am yet to try a Magic Mary 2.35 SS front and ONZA Ibex 2.4 front and the Maxxis minions and high rollers - not very available...

The Hans Dampf is ok but not great front and the Vigilante is GOOD - just needs a bit more beef.

Get some 30mm internal spacing rims and that gives it more beef

Smaller also means lower centre of gravity.

hahaha i know. but lighter also means lower acceleration requirements, higher corner entry and exit speeds, better energy management etc. more pluses than negatives.

hahaha i know. but lighter also means lower acceleration requirements, higher corner entry and exit speeds, better energy management etc. more pluses than negatives.

that's a mouth full...

in summary

#enduro

that's a mouth full...

in summary

#enduro

which reminds me: did you rock up at the Delvera event?

which reminds me: did you rock up at the Delvera event?

nope!

Sundays I've got other commitments...

Would of loved to be there, saw the hubbers hubbing about, i bet you'd realize i post more than i ride(downhill/am/trail/enduro)... :blush: :ph34r:

nope!

Sundays I've got other commitments...

Would of loved to be there, saw the hubbers hubbing about, i bet you'd realize i post more than i ride(downhill/am/trail/enduro)... :blush: :ph34r:

oh yes! Taahir did mention that. Quel dommage! Perhaps you could join the event at welvenpas? it's over a sat and sun, and you can do either day or both days.

oh yes! Taahir did mention that. Quel dommage! Perhaps you could join the event at welvenpas? it's over a sat and sun, and you can do either day or both days.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

this...

now i need a excuse for saturday <_<

I weigh 63kg atm

LIGHTIE!!!!

sharpied?? :blush:

It's the single most popular tyre on EWS, DHI & so on, and is used by the majority of riders. Even those sponsored by other tyre manufacturers often get the Magic Mary, and "blank out" or "sharpie" the white text on the sidewalls so as not to piss their sponsors off. 

It's THAT good. Especially in Super Gravity guise. Vertstar compound for the ultimate in face-shredding grip, though that'll only last about 12.75 rides due to the extra super soft compound. Trailstar compound is perfect for most all conditions though. Grippier than shaite on a blanket, and with the SG casing, that thing is unbeatable. 

Definitely going back to that after my Ibex 2.4 FRC has given up the ghost.

Oh - and compared to the Hans - BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

For a Hans to be even in the same category of grip, it MUST be mounted on a wide rim (30-35mm internal) and be inflated to super ultra low pressures. THEN it grips. 

Oh - as for knobs shredding from the tyre - it was a batch problem, and MOST modern tyres are victim to it, unfortunately. Also - no less tyre life than competitors. 

Edited by Myles Mayhew

My 10 cents on this topic is Ibex 2,4 FR front with slaughter grid casing 2,3 on the rear (summer setup) then for winter Ibex 2,4 FR front with Citius 2,4 FR on the rear super amounts of grip however small draw back its pretty heavy but then its not about the trip up but bombing downhill with an ear to ear grin spattered with bits of mud! ????