Should our moderators lift Dangles ban?

mikeMT

61 members have voted

1. 1. Should our moderators lift the ban on Dangle?

• Yes
    • No
    • Who cares

Hi all,

Dangle's ban came as a result of a direct infringement of the community rules. As this occurred in a private conversation, the nature of the infringement will not be discussed in open forum.

He has acknowledged the infringement and accepted the suspension of his account. This is not an outright ban, but a suspension, the period of which is currently under review.

The decision was not taken lightly. Please respect the community rules and the action taken.

Thank you.

Matt Eagar

Founder of The Hub

Any chance of having a community notice board type of arrangement that would let everybody know who is suspended, what their crime was (Need to know details only) and the duration of the suspension?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the update Matt, glad to hear members are not out rightly banned but rather suspended.

This is not the first post informing all members of the cause and resulting actions.. should you have investigated first before trpolling?

le turbo, shows his umm age .....

Ja, I am old enough to drink and drive a car.. (er, you know what I mean..) and I have not heard that one yet.. It could be the loss of culture through the years, but the only taunt I remember was "FIGHT!"

Hi there,

Our warning and suspension policy covers most every day scenarios, but we cannot anticipate everything and reserve the right to take actions necessary in such cases.

This case fell outside of those we normally encounter. As such it was felt that a suspension of more than 2 days was warranted.

Regarding the removal of 'spam type' posts (or any other objectionable material) I direct your attention to the following note which is included below the rules you have quoted.

Due to the real-time nature of discussion forums, it is impossible for us to review messages or confirm the validity of information posted. In this regard note that The Hub SA.co.za does not actively monitor the contents of and are not responsible for any messages posted.

We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message.

The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of The Hub SA.co.za.

Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email or using the "Report" button beneath the post. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary.

Please report any content you find objectionable and we'll most certainly take a look and remove if required.

Thanks,

Matt

no problem. the poll was closed when i wanted to comment as was the previous topic on the matter. something that really grates my carrot

This is not the first post informing all members of the cause and resulting actions.. should you have investigated first before trpolling?

A little shortsighted don't you think, not all of us are online all day everyday?

Dangle often skirted close to the edge - he probably got more than one warning without any action being taken. And he's probably reading all this right now, unable to respond. Frustration! But enough of this thread.

A little shortsighted don't you think, not all of us are online all day everyday?

Sure, but when you do get online.. that's a good time to look.

You made admin come down and repeat himself.. in the corner with you..! :whistling:

I(and it seems many others) still feel some more information is needed. Admin first expressed that he contravened the rules of the forum. which rule was contravened ?

How can it be out of the norm if it contravened a written rule.

If everyone is open then people will stop questioning a decision. Unfortunately a Forum becomes a community and no longer a website.

No one needs the specifics but just some more clarity.

alright i've had my say. back to the usual hub interactions!