Multi tool?

Clinton1

Which multi tool do you recommend for MTBing? And any suggestions of the cheapest place to buy it (preferably a "real" shop in the Durban area)? I have found a few online but with R100 delivery fee for a R200 item it makes little sense.

I've had chain issues before so I'd prefer one with a chain tool.

Agree it is a good tool, it has a bottle opener!

+1. I always worry about that when I'm out riding!

Just got myself one of those Lezynes last week - and privileged enough not have had use for it yet!

Have a look at the Lezyne tools......... One of them have a mini shock pump too

I have one of these and it is awesome, chain breaker, spoke wrench, torx and Allen keys. Go to www.Twowheelstrading.co.za to find stockists.

saddle bag to camelbak to multitool....

if you don't have any of those by now, then you shouldn't be riding a bike!

Thanks for the on topic response. That is not over my budget as I never actually mentioned one. I was jsut not willing to pay R100 delivery for an item valued at R200. As it is I have decided to get the Crank Brothers 19 Multi-tool

http://www.buycycle.co.za/images/detailed/7/CrankB_Multi-19_Tool_Gold12863095804cab86cc0853a.jpg

and the best tire levers the next day?

That would actually be an awesome fred, after buying a few a settled on the green crowbars, they are not the cheapest but works like a charm...ok back to the topic

@Clint_ZA, I have the parktool one and it has everything I need to be able to fix and or adjust stuff on my bike. Comes in a neat little pouch. Rather go buy at a shop because delivery will void any saving you would have made by going online, unless you want to bundle it with other things you have bought...my 2c

Personally I prefer having a smaller multi tool and a separate compact chain breaker. You are going to use the chain breaker once in a blue moon and for that you get a clumsy tool in your hand when making small adjustments to your breaks etc. For short rides I only have the multi tool in by saddle bag.

I have had many and prefer the topeak mini 9

That would actually be an awesome fred, after buying a few a settled on the green crowbars, they are not the cheapest but works like a charm...ok back to the topic

@Clint_ZA, I have the parktool one and it has everything I need to be able to fix and or adjust stuff on my bike. Comes in a neat little pouch. Rather go buy at a shop because delivery will void any saving you would have made by going online, unless you want to bundle it with other things you have bought...my 2c

Jokes aside I bought my girlfriend those wide blue Parktool levers thinking they would help her with leverage, I used them over the weekend to change tyres and what awful levers they are! Rather go with the normal slim ones.

Thanks. I am considering buying a few items which with some stores will mean a dropping of the delivery charge but definitely something to keep in mind. My concern with most shops is the lack of choice. They seem to have a chosen range and that is that.

Personally I prefer having a smaller multi tool and a separate compact chain breaker. You are going to use the chain breaker once in a blue moon and for that you get a clumsy tool in your hand when making small adjustments to your breaks etc. For short rides I only have the multi tool in by saddle bag.

I have had many and prefer the topeak mini 9

I have considered this too but mainly based on the efficiency of some multi tool chain breakers but you raise another interesting point.

Jokes aside I bought my girlfriend those wide blue Parktool levers thinking they would help her with leverage, I used them over the weekend to change tyres and what awful levers they are! Rather go with the normal slim ones.

And this is exactly the reason why no question/topic/thread is actually a stupid one. We all have experiences and information to share but some have this holier than though attitude which results in them ridiculing rather than assisting.