Carrying tools etc?

To all the smartasses who feel they dont need to carry any more than they do, dont expect somebody who does to stop and help you. :whistling:

There are lots of those here it seems.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You're not getting it,are you

Since when is "getting it" a hub prerequisite?

This forum would be SO much fun if you two had your way. First answer that came alone, accept it, buy the camelbak and move on to the next topic.... Fun! :D

Did I say anything about a Camelbak?...

After carring a saddle bag for years on my mtb, I now carry the needed in my back pocket. Simple-if it does not fit in your pocket than you are carring 2 much. You only need a tube, power link, bomb, multitool and levers. And your spare medical aid card! Strap the tube or bomb to the saddle post.

Exactly :thumbup:

Let's wrap this one up.

Saddle bags and Camelbacks are for fun riders in light of that, the OP should decide if he fits right in or not.

Other than that, a team car.

Who you calling a fun rider.....? I happen to take having fun very seriously! As far as the team car comment goes.... sometimes my wife has better other things to do than follow me around the neighbourhood on a Sunday afternoon. She stopped trying to give me a long bottle. Kept on klapping me with the side mirror. Her arms are quite short...

;)

This forum would be SO much fun if you two had your way. First answer that came alone, accept it, buy the camelbak and move on to the next topic.... Fun! :D

You get it. Now go and buy the Camelback. And an iPhone while you're on a roll.

After carring a saddle bag for years on my mtb, I now carry the needed in my back pocket. Simple-if it does not fit in your pocket than you are carring 2 much. You only need a tube, power link, bomb, multitool and levers. And your spare medical aid card! Strap the tube or bomb to the saddle post.

Exactly :thumbup:

What do u chaps do when / if your bomb is not enough i.e. multiple punctures on the same ride?

Think you might have hit the nail here. Too many on here watch the TdF and Burry and wanna be like them but are far from it! :D

Of course I amseen as the arrogant/stubborn/argumentative one because I do not buy into this "I must own the best and then people will think I am the best" mentality.

I don't think guys are saying it, they are giving advice based on their own experiences. a camelbak will make your life easier...FACT...is it worth it, well that only you can answer.

What do u chaps do when / if your bomb is not enough i.e. multiple punctures on the same ride?

Tubeless

2 x bombs (big ones)

1 x tube

1 x pump

And plugs & tool of course.

Edited by jcza

Thats the whole idea of 2bliss and gunk.Get punctures all the time and they seal.If they dont seal we plug it.and if its too big to plug we patch it and thats where the bomb comes in

Get a bomb from someone I am riding with...ninja 101

Use the pump I pack on the downtube.

but,. if the truth be said, in 18 months of tubeless, No Flats! LOL

Tubeless

2 x bombs (big ones)

1 x tube

1 x pump

And plugs & tool of course.

+ 1 x mini bottle of stan's

You get it. Now go and buy the Camelback. And an iPhone while you're on a roll.

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!

And I'd need the latest carbon bike but must ensure I get the right brand. And what is that best label clothing brand again? And drop the cycling shorts and wear baggies. And I'll need an audi/bmw too. And I might need to move house to a "cool" area! Damn, this being cool is hard work... :D

so

2 bombs

1 tube

1 pump

1 mini bottle of stans

Sound like you may as well just take

2 bombs

1 tube

1 pump

some tube patches

so

2 bombs