Dropper Posts: Things are hotting up

Iwan Kemp

My reverb is holding out so far (2012) - Return is getting a bit slow, so it might need a bleed.

The only other post I might be interested in is the DOSS, but I fear it's going to be pricey.

As the Crow says though, hopefully the competition will help keep prices down.

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a brand new Giant dropper post that needs to go (I bought 2 but my wife doesn't want one). 30.9mm diameter 400mm long. Mine has worked brilliantly so far (only 2 months old) and I must sa it makes riding just that much more fun. Will sell for R1500 to first buyer.

I have a brand new Giant dropper post that needs to go (I bought 2 but my wife doesn't want one). 30.9mm diameter 400mm long. Mine has worked brilliantly so far (only 2 months old) and I must sa it makes riding just that much more fun. Will sell for R1500 to first buyer.

How much "travel"? Remote or lever? and most importantly... what colour? :lol:

The KS Lev will retail above R3.5k. :eek:

SOOO glad I decided not to wait and went for the i950R :thumbup:

Edited by Grebel

Love your work :clap:

I'm just glad to see "the best ever upgrade" is becoming more common. Almost every MTB should have one.

I'm just glad to see "the best ever upgrade" is becoming more common. Almost every MTB should have one.

Amen Brother Slick!

Although I feel somewhat poor. Only 1 of my 4 bikes has a dropper (reverb) on. Fortunately 3/4 are all 30.9mm seat posts (same as the reverb). The other bike is a 31.6 and is running the reverb with a USE shim.

Omega Man recommended a dropper for the French Alps DH trip. I could put my reverb in... but I am in weary of the possibility of crashing a breaking a R2500 seatpost on a DH bike.

When I bought my i950R, I found out quite soon that I had to get one each for the wife and daughter... Also bought a 2nd hand i900R while I waited months fo the shipment to get here.

All of them are happily doing duty on a bike.

I have an XFusion now for 12 months on my Prophet, all good so far. Got it new off ebay.

http://www.entopia.org.za/Gallery/cycling/Prophet/Prophet_Seat_s.jpg

I have an XFusion now for 12 months on my Prophet, all good so far. Got it new off ebay.

http://www.entopia.org.za/Gallery/cycling/Prophet/Prophet_Seat_s.jpg

Cool. Does it have the option of a remote or just the lever? I find it is not very convenient to grab the lever when you are going fast on technical trails.

Cool. Does it have the option of a remote or just the lever? I find it is not very convenient to grab the lever when you are going fast on technical trails.

Plus it makes it look like you're touching yourself

Plus it makes it look like you're touching yourself

But that makes it fun, I'd use mine as much as I could.. :whistling:

I saw somewhere that DOSS was already available, could have been Jenson

1. Gravity Dropper
  2. Maverick Speedball (Joplin's predecessor)
  3. Crank Brothers Joplin
  4. KS *various*
  5. RockShox Reverb

New to the market

1. X-Fusion
  2. RS Stealth
  3. KS Lev
  4. Giant
  5. Specialized

Coming Soon

1. Fox D.O.S.S.

Look at the range at Jenson.. I see DOSS is selling state-side already, could even be here too for that matter.

Edit- might have to add a brand called Kalloy, they make the Uno SP range of heigh adj seatposts.. buying one seems to come with a warning though..

http://www.jensonusa...000D6S&c=&c=&c=

Edited by Pain or Shine

It came with cable and a rather feeble bar lever that I haven't tried. Can be a bit of hassle to access that lever on the move, but sometimes I use in on my Scalpel on marathon events with beeg downhills, so its more exchangable between bikes with the lever under the seat.