Best MTB Grips ?

zniper

Xtasy grips... better than ESI and specialized I have tried most of them and this one (and the mechanics agree) alleviate pressure on the Ulnar nerve in your hands, are thicker than the ESI, so have the gel feel, and soft enough not to cause that rough hard feel of rubber.... Oh and they only cost R50 (worth every cent)http://humpert.com/e...dukt=246&bild=1

Cool. Where can you buy these locally?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

try and get your hands onto a product called prepsol. it's awesome at breaking oil etc down, use to use it to wash quads.

G

Thanks, will give it a try. They are pretty new as well, not keen on having to toss them. Otherwise my vote goes with ESI chunky grips :thumbup:

Been having a problem with my left knee, was in europe 3 years ago and came tumbling down a ski slope, bend the knee into a couple of new directions that it was not designed for, luckily nothing torn, just badly stretched so was thinking I need to go for a proper fitting, with my hands going numb now it looks like it will be rather sooner than planned.

luckily there is a good spot 1 street away from me.

G

a 120km ride in a forest ... sounds flipping awesome!

Chunky silicone grips seem to be a definite favourite.

There are also other options available at half the price (Serfas, Ryder etc) ... are they inferior or just cheaper.?

Maybe I'll give them a try. :)

a 120km ride in a forest ... sounds flipping awesome!

actually not really its sappi forests we dont have any mountains only kilometers of long boring dirt roads guess its still better than dogeing cars and muggers in the citys

ODI Ruffians last ages.

Yip. Plus they are very comfortable, never slips or rotates and offer lots of grip whether wet or dry.

I like the Ryder rip off of the McChunnkie. On my second pair. White only stayed white after one lap of the 24hr. No amount of sunlight or scouring could get it white again. Now on black.

I'd like to try the real ESI grips sometime, but just can't get myself to pay that amount of money for grips.

Oh and I ride thin gloves without padding (661.) Makes me love the grips even more.

Also been battling with pins and needles and numb hands, was thinking of getting better, more padded gloves, but wondering if a dif pair of grips might help.

G

I tried gloves with more padding. It made matters worse. You gotta get the ESI's........ I even ride without gloves sometimes....... NO ISSUES.

Intentional. It has happened more than once :) I prefer the outcome when I write my name in block letters in a rush. CLINT often looks totally different to how it is intended.

By the way, I cannot believe all these questions about gloves and grips and what not today! Insane :D

I am eagerly reading up on the gloves issue as I too am on the lookout for a pair. Been eyeing the Fox Dirtpaws but would like some more padding. Might keep an eye on this thread too and double up.

Spend the extra money and get the Giro Monaco.........

Oury lock on

BEST EVER

Awesome grips, have them on the Titus.

Use ESI's on the SS

thanx Cycle tech Midrand.Some got the wife a set aswell

Nice! Green grips (always awesome), and some future brown grips ;)

bought my chunkys yesterday and will install them tomorrow :D

will report back asap.

They are quite expensive thinking about it....