why do they still make 26 inch bikes if 29ers are clearly the way forward?

29er-norman

@grebel - neither napolean nor hot rod nor nacho are in my movie collection so dont feel bad - different strokes i guess - just not my type of humour. its like will ferrill too - not a fan at all - except for semi-pro i can tolerate him but that more because of woody being there

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@grebel - neither napolean nor hot rod nor nacho are in my movie collection so dont feel bad - different strokes i guess - just not my type of humour. its like will ferrill too - not a fan at all - except for semi-pro i can tolerate him but that more because of woody being there

Are you more of a Ace Ventura fan....

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7lbqbIMRm1qje5j9o1_500.gif

personally i also think riding a 29er is faaar more extreme because you are higher off the ground when you fall thus more dangerous.

lol!!! dude. if you had any hope of being taken seriously you certainly sank that with this one :D :D

Yeah i wasn't sure whether I should laugh or cry after reading this original post...

I have to disagree here. Since getting my 29er a month ago, I've fallen twice. First time was going up singletrack at Tokai, hit a root my 26er normally cruises over and the 29er came to a stop :-) 2nd time was a rock that I thought the wheel would roll over.

You still need to be able to lift your 29er wheels up to get over obstacles and as its not quite as easy (for me) as a 26er.

Edit: SP

well i think the first slight flaw im able to pick up is the fact you ride into things expecting your bike to go over them i normally associate such manouvers with people that lack skill greatly. to a large extent skill is non existant. 29ers are great for rolling over small opstacles with ease but soon as a slightly bigger obstacle presents itself skill needs to be applied in appropriate amounts.

well i think the first slight flaw im able to pick up is the fact you ride into things expecting your bike to go over them i normally associate such manouvers with people that lack skill greatly. to a large extent skill is non existant. 29ers are great for rolling over small opstacles with ease but soon as a slightly bigger obstacle presents itself skill needs to be applied in appropriate amounts.

Oi...yesterday was family day....time to get back to your ward, group is waiting <_<

Edited by DaLoCo

Stormin Normin - Have you ever ridden a 140 - 150mm 26inch Trail bike ?

And we've descended into the murky world of insults.

Stormin Normin - Have you ever ridden a 140 - 150mm 26inch Trail bike ?

yes yes yes!

Have you ever ridden a 200mm descending machine, a la this? I can tell you, it is absolutely sublime. And no, you don't need to lift to go over rocks or roots!

opsticles? are those like testicles that have been operated on?

I am pretty sure I would have opsticles after some tech trails on a 100mm 29er!

that intense is beautiful cptmayhem.

Edited by HaydenWilson

the funniest s#1t ever

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZm-4bMRsrk

Dont forget Super Troopers...or anything by broken lizard

& Strange Wilderness??

Monkeys make up over 80% of the worlds monkey population....

I ride a 29er .... and have kicked butt on it against other 29ers and 26ers. Then again my butt has been kicked just as much by 26ers. Depends on what you want, what your style of riding is and your preference.

opsticles? are those like testicles that have been operated on? I am confused....

that intense is beautiful cptmayhem.

It's laaik wis....you hiets a rock wif your twentie naainer, wen your testiekels sit behaaind your eyeball....making wem opstikels... :thumbup:

I must be in the middle... Hot rod was funnier than Nacho. Will Ferril has had his moments. I'll admit to enjoying a few (Talladega Nights). That cow mooovie never had me (enjoyed the Matrix fight scene), but i would rather sit down to reruns of Faulty Towers, Black Adder or Monty. I have even been enjoying Shaun the Sheep of late! To be honest, some English humour is where it's at for me :thumbup: (Not Little Britian...)

Edited by Grebel

Comedy movies are over-rated, especially as they generally seem to force the humour. That said.. The romance types the girl/guy always gets the guy/girl. the action movies, the 'good' guys always beat the 'bad' guys.

I prefer books, especially the anti-hero type.. like archaeologist/oceanographer fighting the baddies (same thing, good guy wins time and time again - and he gets the girl). Guess this is like the Louis L'Amour cowboy books of years gone buy. same predictable recipe.

The difference with these types of stories vs the Hollywood stuff is that they never force the issue onto you