Cape Epic Battle Plan ...

Here is a conundrum....I get an entry 1 month before the start of the epic...my partner has been training secretly knowing that we will get this entry and wants to put me in the hurtlocker but I manage to score some spanish steak from a body building tjom...

What is the mass of the sun?

Depends on your level of conditioning when you get the entry - if you haven't done any Epic related preparation you'll probably only enjoy the prologue. If you're an accomplished mountain biker, you'll make it with more ease if you put you mind to it. 3 weeks of correct training in the right sequence can see you improve up to 60%. Then your focus will be on recovery after each ride. However, not advisable - rather make sure you're always in condition.

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Many mountain bikers only finalize their entries for the Epic late in the year due to withdrawals. The BIG question always asked is "is there enough time for me to get ready for the Epic?". The answer - if you start from scratch, it will pose a challenge and a concerted effort, but if you are used to riding, with hard work you can prepare yourself for a finish.

Many mountain bikers finalize their entries for the Epic early. The BIG question always asked is "is there to much time for me to get ready for the Epic?". The answer - if you do not start from scratch, it will pose less of a challenge and a concerted effort, but if you are used to riding, with hard work you can prepare yourself for a finish.

Edited by Octavian

Many mountain bikers only finalize their entries for the Epic late in the year due to withdrawals. The BIG question always asked is "is there enough time for me to get ready for the Epic?". The answer - if you start from scratch, it will pose a challenge and a concerted effort, but if you are used to riding, with hard work you can prepare yourself for a finish.

Do you realise how much gibberish you speak ?

This brings me back to an issue raised here.

In order to be a rugby coach, should you have been a good player at one stage ?

In your case, I suggest you do any event longer than these fun rides you have been doing as you clearly have never experienced an Epic day in the saddle.

Till you have been through this, your sales pitches look like empty promises and gibberish.

In your case, I suggest you do any event longer than these fun rides you have been doing as you clearly have never experienced an Epic day in the saddle.

Till you have been through this, your sales pitches look like empty promises and gibberish.

It is so much crap that he spews, and no-one asks for it. It would be different if one is on his course, but in this case it is unsolicited, i.e. spam.

The hub should charge him for free advertising. That is clearly what he is doing??? Why not pay for advertising space like everyone else???

Really gave us a pearl this AM

.....his whole post could be summed up with: prepare for the epic, enjoy it, don't prepare...suffer.

Edited by rouxtjie

Really gave us a pearl this AM

.....his whole post could be summed up with: prepare for the epic, enjoy it, don't prepare...suffer.

I am not buying in to this "don't need to have done Epic to be a coach" k@k.

When you live in a dream world like this oke, you need to do Epic so it can give you a proper PK.

Depends on your level of conditioning when you get the entry - if you haven't done any Epic related preparation you'll probably only enjoy the prologue. If you're an accomplished mountain biker, you'll make it with more ease if you put you mind to it. 3 weeks of correct training in the right sequence can see you improve up to 60%. Then your focus will be on recovery after each ride. However, not advisable - rather make sure you're always in condition.

Donner, daar is nog 4 weke oor voor die CPT, jy MOET my die geheim vertel 60%!!! My buddy gaan klippe...hoes...

Donner, daar is nog 4 weke oor voor die CPT, jy MOET my die geheim vertel 60%!!! My buddy gaan klippe...hoes...

In another thread he shares his purls of wittdum and even promises that someone "will be the one to beat"

It is so much crap that he spews, and no-one asks for it. It would be different if one is on his course, but in this case it is unsolicited, i.e. spam.

The hub should charge him for free advertising. That is clearly what he is doing??? Why not pay for advertising space like everyone else???

This is my biggest issue with ALL his threads...He doesn't pay like the other respected advertisers...ASG, CWC, EasyBike....etc.

He doesn't post his "advice" on the free adverts that creates, nope he creates threads with "advice" and links to these ads. I thought he would get the message a few pages back ito etiquette, but clearly our friend has a thick skin. Why is he allowed to do this?

I am not buying in to this "don't need to have done Epic to be a coach" k@k.

When you live in a dream world like this oke, you need to do Epic so it can give you a proper PK.

Presies....this "degree by google" advice makes me cringe

This is my biggest issue with ALL his threads...He doesn't pay like the other respected advertisers...ASG, CWC, EasyBike....etc.

He doesn't post his "advice" on the free adverts that creates, nope he creates threads with "advice" and links to these ads. I thought he would get the message a few pages back ito etiquette, but clearly our friend has a thick skin. Why is he allowed to do this?

Absolutely agree, there are people on here that are in the trade and don't market themselves.

I see he placed an add for a race and even brags that 3 Olympians used the series for prep.

Time to put his money where his mouth is, and regardless of what his fans on here say, let's make it soon.

He can take a year to train, but he was clever, he picks the 80 champs probably knowing that if I was to race I would be in the Ultra.

So enough of these speletjies, I reckon The Hubbers reserve the right to set the challenge.

Why do we then have to wait a full year for the showdown?